Dual Point Dizzy Mod question

Phlebmaster

I have a dual point dizzy on my L16 and when I did the tranny swap I noticed there are two wires that go to the tranny from the distributor...I think.

There are 2 switches near the rear of the tranny, one for the reverse lights and one for the secondary points??

Anyway, here is my idea....could I hard wire or hook up a switch to the secondary point wires? And would this be of any benefit? I know that the secondary points kick in when I shift into third gear, but what would happen if this was always on?

Thanks for your help. Oh, and before you say get an electronic one...I will soon enough. I just want to try this in the mean time. :D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron does the truck seem to run ok with the 2nd set of points disconnected? If so id leave it till you swap in the electronic dist.

You know what?? I never tried that, I think all I have to do is disconnect the yellow wire from the distributor, right?

I will try this today and get back to you. :D

The advanced points are on only in forth, or other gears when throttle more than half (carb switch) or the temperature is below 34 degrees in the cab (thermo switch) At all other times, the retard set are used.

For full constant advance just disconnect the retard wire (Blue/Yellow) at the distributor or the distributor relay. Check your timing in case it was set incorrectly on the retard set or it might ping now.