more 3d printed interior parts

tdc

as i'm sure a lot of you have seen, i recently-ish made myself and some of you some sun visor clips (as seen here). there's a few other parts around the inside of my truck that could use replacing, so i've set out to print what i can.

first thing i'm replacing is the two dash plugs on the left side of the steering column. someone had drilled a hole in the smaller one, i assume for a switch, and cut a slot into the longer one (and the dash it self  :mad:). i modeled up the long one so far and printed a test print last night. it came out nice and works perfectly! the only thing i've changed since the first print is that i've rounded the corners. i neglected to do that originally. 

wYStRV8.jpg?1

TTSf61n.jpg?1

lL2kXf0.jpg?1

89ybwLF.jpg?1

8hC3uwh.jpg?1

El6GRRy.png?1

i'll get the file on thingiverse for anyone who wants it once i've printed out the latest version and verified everything's cool, then i'll be doing the smaller plug next to it.

just like with the sunvisor clips, i'm happy to print some out for anyone who needs them and doesn't have access to a printer themselves! if there's interest, i'll figure out a cost and make a post in the classifieds.

are there any other parts you guys would like to see made? i think one of the things on my short list is a rear sliding window clasp, mine's been missing since i got the truck and i've been keep them closed with a ziptie haha  :sweat:

• Like 5
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work man, you do a real quality job.

I don't know if anybody else has this issue, but the knob to my locking glove box is really messed up after being used so much. The metal key chews out the inside of the plastic knob and it starts to look really crummy. I would't expect you to make me a one-off, but I imagine I can't be the only one...

• Like 2

.... is a rear sliding window clasp, mine's been missing since i got the truck and i've been keep them closed with a ziptie haha  :sweat:

I've been using those cheap little home window "locks" that screw onto the window tracks....like these, that way I can still open the windows when desired  :thumbup:

BTW, your work on that 3D printer is awesome  :thumbup:

• Like 4

Nice work man, you do a real quality job.

I don't know if anybody else has this issue, but the knob to my locking glove box is really messed up after being used so much. The metal key chews out the inside of the plastic knob and it starts to look really crummy. I would't expect you to make me a one-off, but I imagine I can't be the only one...

thanks! next time i'm out at my parts 720 i'll grab the glove box door so i can pull the knob out. it might be a bit complex for my little machine, but then again it may not be at all.

Looks like if you need it, I need at least 1 set. ;-)

i modeled the small plug, but haven't printed it yet. i'll post up once i have them both printed to where i'm happy with them. i'm also thinking about doing a set that fills in the area the plugs go completely, as with the stock ones there's a gap around them. i feel like it might look nicer without that gap.

Very cool man. There is also a thread on 3d printing in the general discussion area. you should join in on that conversation as well.

nice, i'll have a look at it. i tend to stick to one sub forum really, but i should probably branch out some haha.

I've been using those cheap little home window "locks" that screw onto the window tracks....like these, that way I can still open the windows when desired  :thumbup:

BTW, your work on that 3D printer is awesome  :thumbup:

that's not a bad idea! i think i should be able to print up a proper clasp, though it will have to be of my own design since i don't have the original. eventually i want to replace the back window with a non-sliding glass window, but in the meantime i really should work something out a bit better than a ziptie haha. and thanks!

• Like 1

got the plugs printed and they work super well. not sure if i'm going to sand them to remove the print lines or not, they're really not as obvious as the pictures make them seem and i'm kinda lazy about stuff like that haha.

LwiS3is.jpg?1

3SMfq7m.jpg?1

i still think i might take my calipers out to the truck and make new plugs that fill in those whole spaces so there's not big gaps around them. i could even probably make a single plug to span both holes and make it look like one solid piece right there. hmmmmm

• Like 2