Shifter Boot Hole Size ??

difrangia

I'm needing to acquire a rubber boot for the 320 floor-shift pickup and I'm thinking the boot for the 620 manual trany might work. I have a 1978 5-speed 620 but don't want to remove the console and rubber boot below to measure it. The 320 has a 3 5/8" diameter hole in the floor pan. 

Does someone have a 620 (I believe that 510 and some other Datsuns of the era used the same boot) in a condition that they could throw a measuring stick on it and give me a reading? Thanks in advance.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the end of one of those folding measuring sticks that were popular in the 50's and early 60's before the prevalence of tape measures.  My dad had that one and it got broke somehow.  About that time, Louisiana Pacific put in a stud mill at their Moyie facility and I was making stud logs from a patch of lodgepole.  Their minimum requirement was 4.5" on the small end, so that little stick was handy to have to avoid hauling culls back and forth.  Since it was handy at one time, it still lives in a toolbox, and it balances on an inverted shifter boot a lot easier than a HF 25 footer.