Engine mounted crooked

enbay1

Hey all,

I've got this concern. I bought this clapped out '85 720 and am throwing a new engine in it. I wanted to buy new engine mounts what for reducin' the bad vibrations, and it just feels right. I was looking for replacements online and can only find one of the two that I have. This is important because I'm wondering if the cook who had this car before I did did something weird with the mounts and replaced one to make the engine crooked.

Here's the crookedness:

5f064b975b.JPGand here's the engine mounts I pulled out (and the transmission mount, ignore that):

dadade2515.JPGIs that large, greasy mount stock? Where can I find a new one? Should the engine be cock-eyed? If not, how do I fix that?
Thank y'all for your time.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You say get new mounts to reduce vibrations... obviously this engine wasn't running, so how do you know it was vibrating? As long as the rubber isn't shrunk and cracked or straight up broken, clean them and use them.

If you do get new rubber mounts, be aware that most aftermarket mounts are a good bit taller than factory. I don't know how much clearance a Z24 has in a 720, but it's something to note. Or buy factory mounts (if they're available) and not worry about it.

I'd love to buy factory mounts, or copies of them. But I cant find the large one.  The old ones will probably work, but they're a bit cracked.

And King, it may be more like 10-12 at this point. I'm glad it's meant to tilt a bit.