Wiring diagram

Question #1 does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 77 l20b coil to resistor and resistor to electronic distributor? hat would be awesome!

#2 my friend Nate took my batter out because his battery was dying and when he put his battery in my truck he swapped the terminals so when I went to crank it over it started smoking I little bit and sparking! Now I'm getting no spark from my coil! Do you think something got shorted out and if so what was it?

Ah and yes I'm going to beat his stupid ass!

• Like 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The '77 didn't have electronic ignition (unless you are in California) The '77 has points and a coil and ballast. There will be no diagram of what you are asking for.

Easiest thing is to get an EI coil and wire it in this way....Matchbox.jpg

Battery polarity backwards? SMH. Nate is an idiot so stay away from him. Now you won't have spark and it could be anything

Almost anything electronic could be burned out when you turned the ignition on...

alternator or external regulator

EI dizzy if you have one

fusible links

fuses

wires in the harness.

I guess start from the beginning and see what does work and find out what does not.

• Like 1

The '77 didn't have electronic ignition (unless you are in California) The '77 has points and a coil and ballast. There will be no diagram of what you are asking for.

Easiest thing is to get an EI coil and wire it in this way....Matchbox.jpg

Battery polarity backwards? SMH. Nate is an idiot so stay away from him. Now you won't have spark and it could be anything

Almost anything electronic could be burned out when you turned the ignition on...

alternator or external regulator

EI dizzy if you have one

fusible links

fuses

wires in the harness.

I guess start from the beginning and see what does work and find out what does not.

Ok and I got a new electronic distributor with Cali imissions

• Like 1

You got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Battery backwards. Seems like Datsun newbies always do this.  One of the last 510 I workrd on was this wayalso.

ck for power at the coil wire + side and see if lights ectt work and ck the fuses

Sale the motor for 100$ and dump the truck

what? I said to myself Im not writing anymore. You just sucker playing us. nobody can be this dense

• Like 1

You got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Battery backwards. Seems like Datsun newbies always do this. One of the last 510 I workrd on was this wayalso.

ck for power at the coil wire + side and see if lights ectt work and ck the fuses

Sale the motor for 100$ and dump the truck

what? I said to myself Im not writing anymore. You just sucker playing us. nobody can be this dense

Lol it wasn't me that did it it was my friends friend Nate that did it!

• Like 1

my friend Nate took my batter out because his battery was dying and when he put his battery in my truck he swapped the terminals so when I went to crank it over it started smoking I little bit and sparking! Now I'm getting no spark from my coil! Do you think something got shorted out and if so what was it?

Lol it wasn't me that did it it was my friends friend Nate that did it!

The other thread was painful enough. Now you have help fucking things up? Seventeen pages and it's now worse than it was. Chalk this up to life lessen not learned and start taking the bus when you go out..

• Like 1