OLD RICE - Orange '74 620 Olympia WA (a members old rig?)

Hmph

I've been telling myself to start a project thread for a while now…finally happening I guess. 

My friend picked this up in March of last year? Had it at my place for months with not much work done and he decided to sell…so I bought.

I've been slowly getting it squared away however have had some frustrating electrical gremlin issues.. fok. (see thread here)

I find it cool that it's got a Ratsun decal on the rear window - perhaps a still active members old ride?

Excited to complete the build as it's my first truck and only 2nd Datsun. 

-1974 Datsun PL620, quite solid and straight with exception of damage from the hood flying up it appears. (Bent hinges/hood etc) & minor dents/dings

-Non original L20B with some new headwork and weber 32/36

-Non original 4 speed with issues (doh)

I've mostly done routine maintenance and added a CS130 90A alternator. I will try to update frequently as work is completed. Feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks

CAM02527.jpg

20160402_192058.jpg

20160325_193618_HDR.jpg

20160331_082848.jpg

20160409_154627.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmph,

Not trying to scare you off, I like the truck the way it sits. It really looks like a "Hot" wheels Datsun. I have slowly been making up for those wheels from the guy that sold them, getting parts from him. Hope to see you at some meets soon

Thanks for all the warm welcomes folks! Excited to be actively posting on a a forum again…it's been a while.

Rick-rat,

No worries! Sucks to hear that you got burned...Glad to hear the dude's making it right. 

I'm about to post a help wanted thread in re to my electrical issues and will update this thread accordingly. 

Thanks again all,

see you around. 

EDIT - thread posted - help? Haha! http://community.ratsun.net/topic/69242-74-620-pu-ridiculous-voltage-drop-ground-engine-dying-when-power-is-turned-on-issue-saturn-gm-alternator-upgrade/

• Like 2

Hey man if you got time this Saturday you should roll up to Tacoma to Lefty's burgers and talk to us....  Your problem in your other thread sounds like fusible link  like others have mentioned... but that's just a guess on my part.

Event thread .. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/68881-tacoma-meet-leftys-april-23/

actual location .. easy to find.

https://goo.gl/maps/MGBYsiKN4Mt

• Like 1

Thanks again guys. 

I've gone after the fusible link as well as some other common problem areas when others are experiencing similar issues. 

I've updated the other thread with a bit more rambling 

and I will definitely be meeting up with folks in the future as soon as this thing is reliable again.

• Like 2