Motor won't start

Datsundude123

Hey guys I need some serious help!!

Everything inside/outside my l20b is all correct! I have great spark, motor is timed perfectly, oil pump spindle is at the 11:28 position, it's getting gas, has compression, everything is hooked up but it just won't start, it sorta acted like it was going to start but now it doesn't it just cranks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing I would look at - are your spark plug wires in correct location and order?  

The question about TDC is a good one.  In that the piston will be at the top of its stroke two times, and only one is correct to set your drive spindle to.  If you are at TDC, and the next valve to open when looking at the camshaft is the exhaust valve on cylinder #1, then you are in good shape.  If the next valve to open is intake - then you are on the exhaust stroke, and will need to set your spindle on the top of the next stroke.  

• Like 1

First thing I would look at - are your spark plug wires in correct location and order?

The question about TDC is a good one. In that the piston will be at the top of its stroke two times, and only one is correct to set your drive spindle to. If you are at TDC, and the next valve to open when looking at the camshaft is the exhaust valve on cylinder #1, then you are in good shape. If the next valve to open is intake - then you are on the exhaust stroke, and will need to set your spindle on the top of the next stroke.

Are you talking about the oil pump spindle and if so how do I know where to put it?

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/69059-distributor-rotors/

Instead of starting a new thread about the same thing where you left off on this one, why not just change the title? Go to the first post and select EDIT then select USE FULL EDITOR. this will allow you to modify the text and the title.

Two posts about the same thing means there can be two groups working on this with unnecessary duplication of questions and answers. It's much better if everyone is literally on the same page.

• Like 1