Engine computer

chrumo

Hello, I'm starting my first project. Total newbie with Z. Sorry if this dumb question. 

There is engine computer missing in 77 280z. As I'm living in Dubai, spare parts are hard to get. Need to order online. How to find matching number  for it etc? Thanks for help!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the EFI control unit on the left (driver's side) kick panel is part number 22611-N4212 for all '77 and up 280z cars. Now this is what N American Z car got. I don't know what you have or if they are different in Dubai. If Nissan has one they are probably $600 or more. Might find one on line or e-Bay.

The numbers on the outer case sticker of the unit will be A11-60000 for standard transmission and A11-601000 for automatic. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for it! @Stoffregen - I have located few units thanks to this website. 

@Datzenmike - I have found EFI control unit with proper number A11-601000  for my automatic transmission - but from 78 model. Will it fit into 77? Thanks!

Piotr

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot! I'm totally new into this and I'm dealing with inexperienced mechanics so sorry for those questions that sometimes doesnt makes sense. 

So... there was a fuel pump problem - didn't have power, so the power is now going into pump but engine starts and stop after a second. 

I recorded a video. Have a look. Any idea?

No, but he does tell Geordie LaForge. You lie and tell the captain the best you can do is 3 hours, that way when you fix it in 1 you seem like a miracle worker.

#StarTrekNerd

No, but he does tell Geordie LaForge. You lie and tell the captain the best you can do is 3 hours, that way when you fix it in 1 you seem like a miracle worker.

#StarTrekNerd

Or you lie about fixing it so you dont have to report back to the federation starbase as ordered.

"Captain, captain! Air flow meter is part number 22680-N4800. This is a Nissan only (ten digit) part number and may be on the sensor somewhere. (you'll have to look for it, possibly not even there)  I dinna have serial numbers (they probably only make sense to the maker... Hitachi?)

The good news is that all '77s used this one air flow meter. Scott out"

Air flow meter. As I said the manufacturer (maybe Hitachi?) will have their own part numbers on it. Nissan uses a 10 digit numbering system22680-N4800. It may have the Nissan part number on it somewhere. Some parts this is not practical.