1978 datsun 810 wagon 4spd.

14x7 0 offset all around with 195/60 in the front and 195/65 in the back I might have to go 195/55 if I could find them they don't rub but time to time they can if the road is rough.

Sweet +4 offset should work just fine then ,as i think im not going to lower the car .

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14x7 0 offset all around with 195/60 in the front and 195/65 in the back I might have to go 195/55 if I could find them they don't rub but time to time they can if the road is rough.

With 16 inch wheels it will definitely rub these cars don't have a lot of room in the wheels wells.

A 195/60R14" with 0 offset is 7.68" wide and 23.21" tall.

A 185/50R16" with 0 offset is 7.28" wide and 23.28" tall. So the rim size doesn't cause rub the tire selection does.

Just for an example if you had a 20" donk rim with zero offset and could find 195/20R20 tires they would also be 7.68" wide and 23.07" tall short by about 1/2" in height but pretty close.

Beacuse the original engine was partially dismanteled when i got the car all the lines and connections are a bit of a puzzle ,but i think ive got most of them figured out.

Except for these two hose connections on thebase of the air regulator :

IMG_20160307_154144.jpg

what are they for ?

Update!  Its alive! :thumbup:   and that L6 purrs like a kitten B) , well alomst , some fine tuning and adjustments to the timing has to be done ,but all in all its good.  My biggest problems now is that the fuel gauge and temp gauge dont work anymore . From what could understand in the FSM these two gauges run of the same earth ,but i can seem to find it. The second issue is that my battery light is on even though the alternator is charging and the battery is fully charged.

Next up is a good interior clean and polish.

A couple of pics from today:

IMG_20160309_174551.jpg

IMG_20160309_184723.jpg

IMG_20160309_184440.jpg

• Like 2

you sure its not overcharging?

I would break my solid state volt regs not having the wire tight. but mine is a external volt reg alternator

You use the same alternator from the orginal car?.  I think your 810 is a internal volt reg alternator. I know you said you had a Laural motor and had a point distributor so might have a external volt reg type alternator on that motor.

the fuel and gas gauge go thru a volt reg . its a metal can looking thing in back of the instrument panel.  If you didn't take it apart I don't know why they wouldn't work.

• Like 1

Hainz, I have the '78 FSM, and just like the 620 it appears that the volt regulator is part of the temp gauge.

Here is a picture of the regulator in a 620 gauge. I'm not expecting the 810 to be exact but this is what to look for. Fold a narrow strip of very fine emery cloth, hold the points open, place the strip between, allow the points to close and draw the strip out.This will polish away any corrosion.

620instvoltreg.jpg

But first... do your 4 way emergency lamps work? or do you reverse lamps work? These are on the same fuse. If also not working change the left hand side fuse, second down from the top. 10 amp.

Check for power at the switch and at the blower connections with switch on. You should be able to just jumper the blower off the battery quickly to see if the blower works....odds are it does.

Blower resistors tend to burn out over time.

I know , but the wierd thing is that before i took out the old engine the gauges and blower all worked. I must have missed something when innstalling the new engine.

Ahh, ID expect a loose/missed connection in that case.

If you don't find one remember the pins in the connectors can come loose internally and create an open circuit. I've had that happen before. Seems to be caused when reconnecting, they push backward into the connector farther.

Ahh, ID expect a loose/missed connection in that case.

If you don't find one remember the pins in the connectors can come loose internally and create an open circuit. I've had that happen before. Seems to be caused when reconnecting, they push backward into the connector farther.

Yep guess ill just have to continue looking. Kinda tediuos work tho :p