Snapp_Hunter's Lil' Headache

snapp_hunter

No. No. No.

I agree, no flares please. Adjust the wheels to fit the truck not the truck to the wheels

sorry guys, i knew some people would be against it, but this truck is a reflection of my tastes, not public opinion. trust me, it wont be anything over the top

• Like 1
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

talked to someone who claims to have swapped late series wiring harnesses into early 620s, and that the differences are minimal. and since I have a complete parts truck, I should be able to swap over the things I need to, such as the gauge cluster and the ignition switch. so last night i got the harnesses pulled out of the parts truck, it started raining, and its not going to let up for a while, so i got put on hold. also found a guy that wanted some of my extra body panels. he is going to come to my place in 2 weeks and trade me some welding for some body panels. that will be the 30th, the day before the first car show of the season. I have 2 weeks to get it going.

• Like 1

time for my small weekend update;

i pulled both the engine bay and under dash harnesses out of the 79 parts truck. i got what is left of the harness out of my 74. got everything lined up, and they actually aren't too different. i think the best way is going to be to use the 79 harness to fix the 74 harness. I was going to just use the 79 and replace everything that was different since i have the complete truck at my disposal. what are your guys' thoughts?

i didn't get time to actually start the process of stripping the harnesses down, was only out there for maybe an hour and the dog broke out of the yard and then my assistant started getting tired of being in his stroller.

top is previous owners hackjob, the bottom is the factory 79 harness

dat54_zps9vypudic.jpg

and my assistant for the day, gotta get him started young!

ezriel%20with%20wrench_zpstx6qn0e9.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I got a guy who wants to buy my NoS hood. I honestly don't know what such a part would be worth. He offered me $100, which feels low to me. Anyone have an idea what these have sold for in the past? A rudimentary Google search came up empty, as well as a look through the classifieds

• Like 1

My louvred hood was 250. Nos commands at least that in my eyes if it's truly nos. If it's used ask 175.63

dat23_zpsnvvz6wq5.jpg

its never been installed, hes had its since the 90's. i suppose it could be a really old repop. he had a box for it but it was all ripped apart, i guess i should've asked then. 175.63 is oddly specific, but it shows I'm firm on price. I like it  :rofl:

• Like 2

dat23_zpsnvvz6wq5.jpg

its never been installed, hes had its since the 90's. i suppose it could be a really old repop. he had a box for it but it was all ripped apart, i guess i should've asked then. 175.63 is oddly specific, but it shows I'm firm on price. I like it :rofl:

and you only want silver change

and you only want silver change

i want what its worth, but i don't want to gouge a fellow enthusiast at the same time. I think $100 is way too low regardless if its OEM or aftermarket, just trying to feel out what its worth from y'all. but yeah, if he pays me 175.63 in only silver change, he better have some old tin pennies haha

Put it on your truck and offer him yours?

Honestly 150-200 for just a stock hood imo. Louvered hood cost more but so does adding louvres. I picked up an aftermarket hood for free as well so honestly 100 might be about right. Depends on how willing you are to sell