L-16 Weber 32/36 RPM's

That4doorKiD

L-16 

210 head

32/36 DGV Weber

I'm not a good reader when it comes to research I'm sorry for asking such a brought up topic. But would 900 rpm's be good for my idle. That's what I set it to by twisting the distributor and adjusting the idle screw. BTW my carb. backfires/spits out the intake when I rev up the throttle, Vacum lines are plugged

What's the best degree's and rpm someone has run this at?

http://vid1293.photobucket.com/albums/b600/h7030/VID_26451208_073644_zpsqmvgom06.mp4

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a good reader when it comes to research ???????????

then you did this

It's alright tho, I just looked at the weber tuning guide post thx

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what vacuum lines are plugged? why dont you use the carb to the distributor vaccum line. thats what its there for.

whats the timming? it should not backfire.

to me its a accell pump issue(carb) or distributor issue(timming)

• Like 1

I'm not a good reader when it comes to research ???????????

then you did this

It's alright tho, I just looked at the weber tuning guide post thx

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what vacuum lines are plugged? why dont you use the carb to the distributor vaccum line. thats what its there for.

whats the timming? it should not backfire.

to me its a accell pump issue(carb) or distributor issue(timming)

I got it now Hainz  :thumbup:  hahaa I did have the small vacum hose line to the distributor, the rest are plugged

Tuned my L-16 Weber to 5 degrees at 900rpm idle, sounds good and doesn't backfire anymore, I twisted the distributor right/Advanced and I got it good.

Also when I rev it up even all the way, it doesn't backfire. :devil:

In my experiance, 900 RPM idle is a little high.  This may be fast enough that mechanical or centrifugal advance is starting to come in, making it difficult to set the timeing accurately.  Timing specfications are usually at a RPM below the mechanical advance coming in.

There are also some ports, or slots in the carburetor, just above the throttle plate, that at a slower idle are above the plate.  These slots help with the off idle transistion.  If the idle is too high, the idle mixture gets set with the off idle ports already being used, and that affects the idle mixture.

Too high of an idle speed can also uncover the vacuum advance port to the distributor, and this also can make settingthe timing difficult.

• Like 2

In my experiance, 900 RPM idle is a little high.  This may be fast enough that mechanical or centrifugal advance is starting to come in, making it difficult to set the timeing accurately.  Timing specfications are usually at a RPM below the mechanical advance coming in.

There are also some ports, or slots in the carburetor, just above the throttle plate, that at a slower idle are above the plate.  These slots help with the off idle transistion.  If the idle is too high, the idle mixture gets set with the off idle ports already being used, and that affects the idle mixture.

Too high of an idle speed can also uncover the vacuum advance port to the distributor, and this also can make settingthe timing difficult.

Fine tuning you say.. sounds like what I'll run in to when I start it on the road. I'd benefit into researching this moar