85 nissan instrument cluster

Kennyt

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If only the two gauges this would be easy.

Change the forth fuse over from the left hand side. Do not trust it by only looking at it, replace. This fuse powers both gauges, oil and charge lamps and more.

No lights come on with the headlights? What lights don't come on... tail, side marker, license??? Change the 13 fuse over from the left  OR third fuse over from the right)..

• Like 2

I have come across one cluster where evidently a large amount of Dr. Pepper leaked behind the cluster at some point in the past. The syrup that remained after everything dried screwed up the plug connection (all of them!) in the back. I had to tear it down clear to the removal and cleaning of the printed circuit sheet.

But you have had the cluster out, and so you would have seen the printed copper foil circuit sheet if it was badly contaminated, right?... In my case, it took a whole lot of fussy cleaning, but this turned out to be my best cluster in the end.

Clusters are sort of like currency, or a weed stash. As soon as you get strung out on the 720 (or, fill in the blank), you start collecting clusters and cluster parts, like you are going to need them all someday. ebay sellers know this, of course. I myself have a story for each of the clusters I have nabbed, and I have never paid more than $65 for the full set. $40 was my best score. I am patient. I check the junk yards often.

I am sorry that I don’t have anything I want to sell really, but I think I am finally fairly sated in my own clusterquest. I have spares of everything and good stuff in both trucks. Then I will see a whole cluster, with tach and clock, for a decent price, it makes my visa card twitch. Keep an eye peeled, because they are still fairly easy to score at a decent price if you look. Junk yards are still the best price option, I find. Happy hunting.

• Like 1