1984 4x4 Datsun 720 2.4L extra long tray leaded 64000 original km (rust free barn find)

btd19m

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Today, 12:28 AM

so till last year it sat at a dealer in new condition still extremely close to new. 

need to know what to watch for what to do first and so on. 

front end was just done too. diff is solid axle (factory) has a 2 inch lift. no blocks though. 

rear end is unknown. fluids oils liq's will be done.

will drain the tank.

rust free for now. (where will rust form first?)

will bleed brakes and such if needed.

needs a handbrake cable and a radiator overflow bottle and that's it motor wise. maybe a webber for good measure (z24 is weber compatible right?)

Agreed. If stored in a barn for 20 years expect some dirt and anything that age would affect. Brakes might have seized, gas in tank might be iffy, any lubricants or coolant would need changing in the near future. Better hope it had antifreeze in the rad or it will be very rusty by now. Tires and hoses should be ok if stored out of the light but sitting flat or on the same side they may be permanently lumpy. Hopefully the windows were closed and the chickens didn't get in there.

She started first turn with some new fluids and battery plus filters. She's 3 foot off the ground at the arch. Need to know if that's nomal or if it's got a big lift or something. My dual cab is 1/4th of that. And my f150s 35s would almost clear.

Ohh almost forgot washed her. Rust free everything but tub it has a spot at the edge. Crack in the frame isn't a crack it's where the first owner sealed a bash plate to the body with a welder and put a serous weld on it

The running gear looks stock to me, and the height in the front looks stock also, possibly an add a leaf kit in the rear. Are you planning to do a solid axle up front or do you think that is a solid axle? It currently has independent front suspension, that's why you have CV axles on either side of the differential.

It's cool seeing the small differences from US models like the wiper switch and the tiny corner bumpers in the rear, let's see it after its bath!

• Like 1

after a bath. 

BkkfjPA.jpg

6Tzl2oU.jpg

s1e4NAS.jpg

FsmPzPV.jpg

thought hub was stuck. turns out they both spin the opposite way to normal 

weEeEtJ.jpg

my girls together. 

(red and yet as named 4x4) 

(wire out the door is from the speakers till i work out why the old owner welded up the factory speaker holes)

8ahXSQZ.jpg

She started first turn with some new fluids and battery plus filters. She's 3 foot off the ground at the arch. Need to know if that's nomal or if it's got a big lift or something. My dual cab is 1/4th of that. And my f150s 35s would almost clear.

That's "nomal" height and 35s won't clear. Wouldn't look as 'high ' if you slapped some fender flares on it.....

P5010001.jpg

It's cool seeing the small differences from US models like the wiper switch and the tiny corner bumpers in the rear, let's see it after its bath!

.....and the cab vents .

got a sort of plan.

found a 3 inch lift kit (break lines and extended tortions and all inc rear shocks and rear blocks) going for 2.2k for my model.

looking for a set of 25-30(?) inch mud tires.

found a maker for the winch plate mine had with a much higher 17000 pound limit. and got a 13000 pound winch on layby

looking at a set of lightforce 240 blitz. or rally 4000s as it turns out mine has nissan aftermarket spotlight wiring and all on a switch on the steering but no spotlights. (parker, low,high, spot)

it does have a pretty dodgy towball. so that's got to go,

considering a rear mounted winch as well. just in case. you know. stuff.

today was my 21st. and my 5th year of having my drivers permit. 

can go turbo soon or motor swap without losing my drivers

also looking at a set of underbody armour. we put it on a lot of cars here as it means when something hits the bottom it doesnt break things it just hits the 5mm steel plates

• 2 months later...

We call that armor skid plates. I'm running a 3 inch lift and 31 inch tires. Anything smaller than 30 inches will look tiny under there, you will likely want something at least that size.

IMG_20151106_173923483_zpsiunrarse.jpg

And congrats on the birthday.