Car Alarm Q's

Ok, I haven't found any threads about this topic so I thought I would start one. Im going to be installing a UNGO MS2007#R and was wondering if anyone has installed an alarm in there 620. I've never installed and alarm before and was wondering if anybody has tips or what not about doing it. and pictures. I know I can't use the door lock feature but, I can use the auto start/cold start feature. :D

any help will do.

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why cant you use the door lock feature? I got a couple of solenoids and relays from a local stereo shop and after a few hours of time.....presto, keyless entry. Make sure you wire in the hood. These are easy to pop and gives them access to dc the battery to render the alarm useless.

the alarm comes with directions, make sure you solder everything, tape it into the factory harness, and mount the speaker not in the engine bay, or somewhere you can easily reach it. i like under the vehicle, like way under where you gotta jack it up to get at it. like fineline said, get the soliniods and wire up some door locks, makes life nice cause you never use a key. and if your gonna do auto start, make sure you always leave it in neutral, or ittl leave on you!

Fineline--Did you do a write-up about installing the door lock actuators? Do you have any pics of the install? I have wondered about doing this, I am really just afte the keyless entry, but i might as well install an alarm at the same time.

Jason

Dude I installed a fancy alarm in one of my rigs, it turned out to be a piece of shit!! If I ever buy another one I'm going to make sure its a name brand I can trust!! I hope yours turns out to be good quality.

When I installed a really basic alarm in my 280ZX I basically only had shock and volt protection. It was a very simple hookup. If a door opened (or the driver's door handle even pulled) then the interior lights came on and set off the alarm. the shock sensor was crap. It was either too sensative or non-responsive so I left it non-responsive. Most theives were idiots though. the pros didn't bother with Datsuns.