Is there a plastic epoxy?

I got a center console out of a 720 for my 620. However, it is not quite how I need it, so I need a material that I can apply and have it act like the original plastic i.e. drill into it and paint it. I have read some where on the inter web net before but cannot remember for the life of me. I basically want to fill in the shifter boot hole and make my own opening for a commonly used readily available boot. Then I am going to prep and paint the whole assembly. I have experience with painting plastic I just need an idea on what to fill with.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Auto parts stores and marine supply houses sell fiberglass kits usually used to 'glass the bottoms of boats. They contain a woven [serge] fiberglasss cloth and a really good epoxy resin and hardener. Cut a cloth patch with overlap onto the existing plastic, saturate with mixed resin/hardener and apply to the rear. If you use some waxed paper, with or without a spray of PAM, on the front it will come out so smooth that just a little sanding, which you will have to do ayway so that the paint will stick, will finish the patch very well. If you need a very firm area to drill, apply more patches to the rear [until you hit the floor or close toit?] and you can make the patch as stiff as you want it.

Yeah to above. Get another console and cut and trim a flat piece and 'glue' in to fill the hole then make your own. Tough and flexible, no body work tallent required.

Yea that's kinda what I am leaning towards. Thanks guys I will keep you posted. I am going to start a official project thread on my 620.