need electrical help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

farkin shieeet!!!

my electrical system seems to hate me

the headlights are causing a short, melted the accell cable

its not the actual switch causing the problem, cant seem to find anything!

it all just looks the same!!!:mad:

can anyone tell me the kind of things to look for.

again, its only the headlights, the parking lights(side markers) are not causing

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno....

ive downloaded the entire wiring diagram, sat down with highlighters and traced every wire the headlights/taillights even touch, and am going to give it another go tommorow.

but i need advise on what common problem areas are.

the whole problem started when i accidentially(stupidly) put the 1 connector blinker lightbulb in the socket of the stop light bulb. it ran ground, all that big mess, and not i have this sitting on my hands. AND JCCS is in 2 weeks

crap.

There is a huge network of black wires throughout the wiring harness that performes all the grounding functions. On the 620 there is a heavy black wire from the harness to the neg. battery post and another black wire to a radiater mounting bolt, grounding the chassis and completing the circuit.

In your case what is missing is the connection from the black wire circuitry to the neg. battery post and instead the current is going from the chassis through the throttle cable to the engine and the bat. cable.

I don't know what the 1200 wiring system would be but it would be helpful to take a length of the flat braided grounding strap and run it from the engine block to the fender well or firewall. there should be some black wires grounded to the chassis at some point, maybe near the volt reg.

If the engine has been out or the head off, the ground strap gets removed and forgotten.

On the 720s about a foot from the NEG post on the cable, is a big lug that bolts to the inner fender to ground the body, then the cable continues on to the ground bolt on the intake.