'72 2 door 510 aka "Krusty"

Droze

When I was 16, my mom bought me my first car, a 1971 2dr. Datsun 510. I loved it, but like every teenager, I rode it hard all the way into the ground. 21 years later, I just bought a '72 2dr. Unfortunately, with my blinders on I didn't really give it the inspection I would on the other cars I normally buy. It has sat covered in my driveway for a few months, and I finally got around to seeing what needed to be done. To my dismay...a full resto. After a week of scouring the Ratsun forum, I know it is going to be brutal finding stuff for it, definitely quality rubber, which has all been decimated by the Arizona desert where the car sat not running for 14 years...but I'm stoked to be doing it. Enough babbling, here is a pic of "Krusty" (aptly named) at the very start! I will post more pics as I go.

the%20beginning_zpslemudish.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's where I'm at so far...The rear passenger quarter is pretty rust hammered past the wheel well...front fender was crunched in pretty well right at where the fender trim meets the headlight bezel. but I think I can hammer and dollie it out pretty well. trying to stop getting distracted by that stuff until I have it down to a shell

engine%20compartment_zpsqd23gigr.jpg

minus%20front%20grille_zpsa6rulc3n.jpg

fender%20off%20big%20dent%20profile_zpsg

rear%20quarter%20panel%20pass_zpszmo5juc

floor%20pans_zpspndra1ry.jpg

rear_zpsdmukohui.jpg

• Like 4