Aerobatic fails

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't believe that we need to see this kind of stuff, all I see is someone making a strafing pass on a bridge and they mis-judged their altitude and paid the ultimate price for showing off, I used to hangglide, and have seen stunts like this, I myself came close to dying once also from doing something stupid, I basically top landed a site that maybe 3 people have ever even tried to do ever in 30 years of flying that site, I didn't bust my glider, but it was a crash landing without any damage, I could have died.
I am sure the guy has done this dozens of times, but now he is gone, and left the memory of his death in the minds of lots of people that likely could have lived life just fine without that memory.

I personally would not call this aerobatics, that is when an aviator does loops and wingovers, flies upside down, and controlled stalls, this person is doing nothing more than free falling with a small envelope of directional control, I am sure his friends will miss him, and some will quit that sport because of this.

• Like 1