clicking sound HELP!

DatsuNissanLove

Hey guys... this was happening before I got my brakes done n I thought by getting them fixed it would stop cuz I read something online about it.. (needed brakes done anyway).. the clicking is definitely comin from the front n it starts wen im under 10mph roughly..I feel it on my dogleg as well a lil bit though.. n if I push my clutch in while its clicking it goes away a lil bit.. was wondering if you guys know wut this might be before I call my mechanic back..thanks guys

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Start with things you can easily do yourself. Remove the transmission bung and check the oil level. It should be level with the bung hole. Top it up with GL-4 trans oil.

1/ Does it do it sitting still?

2/ Transmission in neutral. Try clutch pedal down then up. What happens?

3/ Or, does it only do it when the vehicle is rolling?

Start with things you can easily do yourself. Remove the transmission bung and check the oil level. It should be level with the bung hole. Top it up with GL-4 trans oil.

Does not make the sound sitting still.. like I said only wen im stopping under 10 mph.. wen I push the clutch in the sound isnt as bad while im rolling under 10 mph.. it sounds like a roller coaster wen your going up the big drop n its clicking

You tried the things below while sitting still?????

If so this eliminates the release bearing, clutch and PP.

If only while the vehicle is rolling.... the driveshaft is turning and all four wheels. The mainshaft in the transmission is joined to the driveshaft so it is also turning. A long shot but could the transmission be low on oil?

bung  hole

beavisbutthead.gif

(Success!!!!!)

I've had a plastic bag blow up and wrap around the spinning drive shaft. It made a popping sound as it caught air. This was my B-210 in the 70s. I thought it was the end of the transmission. Turned out to be nothing at all.

Check everything visually. Pull on everything. And check the trans oil.

You tried the things below while sitting still?????

the drive shaft was another thing I was thinking may be wrong.. or anything attached to it.. is der any chance the drum brakes might be doing this.. I read that if the cylinders are bad n they are not adjusted one side of the shoe pushes the other side n causes to rub somehow?n creates a noisecan this be true?

If so this eliminates the release bearing, clutch and PP.

If only while the vehicle is rolling.... the driveshaft is turning and all four wheels. The mainshaft in the transmission is joined to the driveshaft so it is also turning. A long shot but could the transmission be low on oil?

(Success!!!!!)