What to do with the 411 goon

And when the parts "person" asks "what is a Datsun 411?" have[whatever]look for a Iszu [ Buick OPEL] set of points, they are the same JDM point sets.

So I work at an auto parts store and pull the ople contact set. It doesn't Mach the the set I have in my A15 I'm just curious

If there would be a better grade of points or brand if you will. For the A15

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I work at an auto parts store and pull the ople contact set. It doesn't Mach the the set I have in my A15 I'm just curious

If there would be a better grade of points or brand if you will. For the A15

The A15 is not the stock 411 engine.  I am talking the R1600 Hitachi distributor.  The "Opel" being built in Japan used the available Hitachi point system.

• Like 1

Yeah after a bit of digging , I got a clue. They still didint like as if they would Mach the same "footprint " as the OEM set. But who knows. I'm still green at this. Im trying to fix my heater so it gets heat instead of cold air, temp gauge/fuel gauge regulater still not working. The list goes on and on.

Never give up. Never sell

• Like 1

Yeah after a bit of digging , I got a clue. They still didint like as if they would Mach the same "footprint " as the OEM set. But who knows. I'm still green at this. Im trying to fix my heater so it gets heat instead of cold air, temp gauge/fuel gauge regulater still not working. The list goes on and on.

Never give up. Never sell

The instrument panel VR is a bimetal strip that operates as a "chopper" to regulate the voltage by making almost but not quite square waves of the 12 volt input and letting the thermal inertia of the meters smooth it all out.  Most likely failure mode?  Welded points. Try this to confirm.  With the flat of your hand swat the instrument cluster top just in the center about twice.  If the instruments respond then that's your answer.  Swatting will get you some period of operation, but obviously the points are not perfect and are just waiting for an inopportune moment to weld again.  Go to the "How To" section for a description of an electronic "Make or buy from me" write up on a replacement.

Think this guy ,, lol ,,,  has a retro fit replacement dash voltage regulator that fits many different models,, he sells pretty cheap.  The way the classifieds are now, i can't find proof but i'm pretty sure i'm correct.

http://community.ratsun.net/user/4336-dguy210/

Trust worthy seller

So , what to do with the wagon.

The heater issue. After losing sleep over this heater nonsense, iv decided to try a some what unconventional

Method. I'm thinking maybe there is a "push" side of the coolant cycle and vacume side. Im taking my lower radiator hose, splicing it with a "T" and running one of the heater hoses to it via the " T" to act as a vacume side . the setup I have now is just pushing the coolant out from each of the motor ports thus no cycle. So in doing this, I'm hoping for a "push" side I.e water pump outlet. And a "vacume " side I.e. Lower Rad. Hose W/ "T" connection.

I'll report back

With my results and if it's a success, I can

Do a step by step instructional .