tachometer

Jeremiah720

So I been having this issue ever since I put in my tach. When just cruise the tach reads everything fine. But at WOT the tach drops to 0 until I let off. Is it switching to the other coil to fire? I tried running the tach on the other civil and it just stays at 0 however I never tried the other coil at WOT. Any info on the matter?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wide open throttle.

Yes your coil wiring is reversed. Make sure the coil with the Red wire is on the - terminal and has a Black/White wire on the + terminal.  This is the coil that is shut off under hard (WOT) The other coil should have a White/Blue wire on the - side of the coil and a Brown/Red stripe wire on the + side. The tach is connected to this coil.

• Like 1

wide open throttle.

Yes your coil wiring is reversed. Make sure the coil with the Red wire is on the - terminal and has a Black/White wire on the + terminal.  This is the coil that is shut off under hard (WOT) The other coil should have a White/Blue wire on the - side of the coil and a Brown/Red stripe wire on the + side. The tach is connected to this coil.

I'm guessing the RED wire and the WHITE/BLUE stripe wires are reversed.

Thankyou, I searched it, but didn't come up with that meaning, I actually thought it had to do with emissions at Oregon at the dept of transportation testing station for some reason, I guess that would be one of them moments. :lol:

WOT just looks like something to do with the government.

ROLF  I do not text either Wayno.  I think it is a huge waste of time.

THREAD JACK :lol:

I always search it on google before I ask, I search a lot of words on here, we have a couple of folks on here that like to use for the lack of a better description, college words, I didn't go to college, I hated school, there was no point in paying to go to a place I hated after graduating high school. 

I was lucky, there were good paying jobs back then for regular people, but they didn't pay anywhere near as good as what I get now running my own business, but everyone has to keep in mind, I work my ass off, I literally have no ass, I have to wear a waist belt, otherwise my pants fall down. :lol:

I agree.  A lot to learn here  Many of the abbreviated words on the forums I have to look up or as you did ask.