Billy the 620

shota_620

Hey everybody! I recently traded my 633csi bimmer for a 1979 datsun 620! I will be posting pics of the project! It runs and drives great!

Specs: 

Original L20b engine

5 speed

Lowering blocks (Haven't looked to see how big they are)

Let me know if you have any questions! 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've taken off the yellow wrap around the high beams but that's what it looks like right now. The rack was added by me also. I am planning on replacing all suspension bushings because they are all crusty and nasty and old. Haha

Let me know if you got any tips or advice on doing bushings for this! Or if you have any advice in general! Need all the help I can get since I am new to the datsun world!

Do you actually have a full set of the chrome headlight bezels or is it just painted a different colour than the rest of the grill? Definitely like the earlier model grill more than the later model ones though. Looks so much cleaner

Nice truck. Like the colour on it. What are all the stickers on the front of your roof rack? And what roof rack set up is that? might have to get one for my kc.

wow looks good

king cab and nice color also.

I would just drive it. L20s are OK to me

thanks! yeah the l20 has got just enough power to get me around town and wherever else I need to go. All of that 95 hp haha

Do you actually have a full set of the chrome headlight bezels or is it just painted a different colour than the rest of the grill? Definitely like the earlier model grill more than the later model ones though. Looks so much cleaner

Nice truck. Like the colour on it. What are all the stickers on the front of your roof rack? And what roof rack set up is that? might have to get one for my kc.

Yeah I'm not sure about that. It was probably painted over. I want to paint it black to match the grill though. The stickers are just to bring a little jazz to the wind fairing haha. Also, it's all Yakima products that were meant for a 1996 nissan altima, but seats perfectly on the rain gutters of the truck. If you search on yakima or thule and use a 1996 nissan altima as a vehicle then you will get all the correct fitments and specs! 

and thanks everybody! stay tuned for more updates and pics soon!

thanks! yeah the l20 has got just enough power to get me around town and wherever else I need to go. All of that 95 hp haha

Yeah I'm not sure about that. It was probably painted over. I want to paint it black to match the grill though. The stickers are just to bring a little jazz to the wind fairing haha. Also, it's all Yakima products that were meant for a 1996 nissan altima, but seats perfectly on the rain gutters of the truck. If you search on yakima or thule and use a 1996 nissan altima as a vehicle then you will get all the correct fitments and specs!

and thanks everybody! stay tuned for more updates and pics soon!

thanks I'll look into it when I get some extra cash