240z Parts, REALLY HARD TO FIND

Hello, haven't posted in a hot minute, but i need some help. I need the piece that the gas gap actually twists into for a 72 240z. I do'nt even know what to call it to search for it online, and there doesn't seem to be hardly any Z cars here in Colorado, at least down in the Springs area. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks much!

Talyn

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I understand correctly you are looking for this part and its name, sorry for the huge pic:

1971-Datsun-240Z-Gas-Cap-Plate.jpg

I found it called a "Fuel Cap Flange" in this write up, where the pic is poached from:

http://www.whiteheadperformance.com/1971-datsun-240z-restoration-project-rota-rbr-wheels-interior-prep-gas-cap-vent-hoses/#prettyPhoto

And then I found the following part list on eBay, here http://www.ebay.com/itm/70-75-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z-FUEL-FILL-TUBE-BOMBA-PETRO-GASOLINE-HOSE-NICE-/321400502525?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad4f678fd&vxp=mtr

$_57.JPG

Hope that helps you out.

I believe this is only the 240 one   the fuel neck is rubber through the bodey and this bolts it down 

IMG_20140914_201015_332_zpsnnkwamww.jpg

this one I took off a 260 and looks like the filler neck clamps to it below the body 

IMG_20140914_132504_709_zpsthztlzbh.jpg

the later models have a smaller gas cap and filler opening