vvvvvvvvvvvacumn leaks

NorCalDime

Well i kept thinking it was wierd my car had no vacumn lines. So i was browsing around the engine and started it up and noticed i was streaming gas out of the bottom of my carbs right onto my header. There are 2 pipes that poke out right above my accelerator pump under my carbs, one on each side. the carbs closest to my firewall were the ones doing it. Are those bleeder/weep holes or what?

Also there is a small vacumn looking pipe that comes off one of my carbs that has nothing attached to it. I sprayed carb cleaner in it and it changed my idle alot. but my question is if i have this vacumn line, were does it go to? And why is there only one lol? I see no other areas that have lines at all.

The pipe is right to the right of that blue tape on my throttle cable.

PIC-0098.jpg

I do have this random thing that looks like it might be a vacumn block. it is right next to my strut tower and it has a tube connected to it that goes nowere. it is connected to a steel line that goes back towards the rear of my engine then i cant see it anymore.

PIC-0096.jpg

is that my vacumn source?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that vac tube may be for your vac advance. i dont know much about Mikunis so i cant say for sure.

that other thing is part of the vapor recovery system. at least it is on my 620. i have driven with it disconnected without any change in my idle or anything.

That thing on the strut tower looks like it's part of the PCV system. I'm guessing that the hard line goes back to the gas tank. The other should go to the PCV valve .... that you probably don't have on this manifold.

That valve by the strut tower is for the fumes from the gas tank and normally feeds back to the manifold.

Only 68 and '69 510 came with a fuel return line.

I never seen it on the other years.

Where's your fuse box?

That valve by the strut tower is for the fumes from the gas tank and normally feeds back to the manifold.

Only 68 and '69 510 came with a fuel return line.

I never seen it on the other years.

Where's your fuse box?

I dont run fuses.. saves weight.

:lol: no i relocated it all to the inside firewall on the passenger side. didnt like the look of it in my engine bay.

for my car which similar to yours that vaccum line on the strut tower is for the original carb and runs back to the gas tank filler tube. you can leave that alone as it won't matter much. as for the nipple on the carbs I don't run any hoses off those either. I think some people that have a vaccum advance distributor run the hose from the dist to that nipple. I myself don't use those nipples to connect to anything.

• 3 weeks later...