Upgrading to newer Guages

Screechbruh

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you put more gauges in a Corvette? a Ferrari, a Steve McQueen Mustang, a HEMI 'Cuda???? Unless you race, the stock gauges are more then adequate for the street.  The 620 has a beautiful dash and perfectly balanced looking as is. Don't throw it off by adding after market jewelry on it.

Well if they don't that great why not? Also, the original dash doesn't come with a RPM meter. I kinda need one

Your dash might not have but the 620 did have a tach or clock option. I would be more impressed if I saw a 620 owner with the proper 620 tach in it.

Would look good with a proper steering wheel too. Tachs come up for sale every now and then and an earlier 1200 tach will also fit the 620. Yes you can fit something in there but it will never look as good as stock.

I was actually contemplating starting the same thread.  My stock gages are not compatable with my engine/trans combo and I'd like to keep my dash looking as stock as possible.  I was looking at the Dakota Digital VHX 1020 set. http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=851/category_id=664/mode=prod/prd851.htm

I think 5" is too big to fit though.  

I'm going with all autometer gauges because I like the looks and have an SR20Det.  Later I landed up breaking the gauge bezel so I'm going to fabricate a new one out of aluminum.     Connecting the trans up to a gauge wasn't going to be so straight forward so I went with a GPS speedo.  I needed a tach and will be needing a few extra gauges like a boost gauge.