620 gage swap

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to ratsun! Did you try searching for the answer to your question?

Here is a thread about aftermarket gauges.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46615-aftermarket-dash-gauges/

If you don't find the answer there, try searching for it on the site.

Or maybe someone here will have the answer for you and can chime in.

They would be less accurate or not reliable without some calibration. Replacing the gauges or the cluster is far far easier and cheaper.

Agreed,but the odds of the sender having the proper ohm variance as an aftermarket gauge is slim to none.And if the aftermarkets are in your possession ,this begs the question- where are the sending units?

To do the fuel gauge you need to know the resistance range of the fuel sending unit.  I remember reading about it in the HybridZ site a few years back.  I believe the guy modified one of the standard range gauges that was like 33 to 230 ohms to fit the z car range by adding resistors in series and parallel to make it work. 

As far as temp (as in water temp) gauges.  The mechanical ones have them built into the unit.  I'm not sure you can remove those.

You didn't mention what the point of this was.  Do your gauges not work or did you want to replace the gauges for the looks?

I like stock appearance, and they work, it's just me. Some like loading the dash up with after market bling, and that's fine. After market are expensive and you have to instal them often have calibration problems. Guess what? in the end they all read the same.

Datsun gas senders are...

Full........ 10 ohms or less

3/4......... 25 ohms

1/2......... 37 ohms

1/4......... 56 ohms

Empty.... 80 ohms