Ka24de computer?

620connor

Hey guys, so i want to do the ka24de engine swap for my 74 620, but im a little confused about the computer system part of it. When i buy a ka24de do i have to have the computer that came with that engine originally? Or can i use any ka24de computer? I would also like it to have an automatic trans. Thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best to have the same one that came with it but a similar year should work. Different vehicles have different weight, auto or 5 speed, federal or California an there may have been emission changes part way through the year. There is also a small 'computer' for the automatic that helps reduce emissions by tailoring the shifts to engine load so look for that too.

Its kind of hard for me to imagine going to a wrecking yard and finding a complete ka24de that hasnt been picked apart. What route would you guys go about putting one together? Would you guys just keep searching junk yards/pick a part yards until you found everything in one vehicle? Or would you buy everything separate? Thanks.

Dunno, I'm not really an engine guy, just seemed smart to buy a whole car so I would have everything I needed to run the motor. Harness, ecu, tranny, gauges, could even pull the seats and when done with the car I could part it out or scrap it. I end up on top either way

Hey I found an auto trans and matching I should still have ecu from wreck (blue conn.),trans has been on bell in yard for a couple years with baggy over end if you want I will sell but may be better buying complete parts car and rebuild motor .I was going to build auto truck for BRE 5100 .

All KA24E and DE transmissions from S13/14 (240sx) cars will fit. Also the 2wd D-21 Hardbodys.

You don't need a running truck just one with a running motor. Find one some dick drifted into a wreck and pay $500 for. The KA24DE from a 240sx will have the front sump oil pan and this will never fit or work on a 620 truck. The DE from a  D-21 truck has a rear sump oil pan that will be much closer to fitting your truck. No a DE oil pan from a truck will not fit the DE motor from a car, ever, in any way possible. Best to find everything in one vehicle and swap it all rather than min 'n match things.