510 engine swaps

Kolbis77

He didn't say what 350 V8, or what 4cyl.  A stock late 70's-90's base model V8 only put out around 170-270 hp.  Some tuned and boosted 4cyl's can reach that easy....

Apples to apples, I don't recall any NA 4cyl that can reach the power potential of an NA V8....

It's just math dude of coarse a NA 4 cyl if compared exactly can't reach the same output.  torque x RPM = HP HMMM boost makes more torque though and smaller engines rev to the moon….  Frank just got his big block Camaro running, the turbo KA 510 is way faster and funner to drive.  The Camero is just noisy and stinky, some guys are into that though.  

If I could have any power it would be electric max torque at zero RPMs quite and the power is made here.  What is the torque output on the white zombie?  800? 1000?  One day I will build a 510 like that!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford small blocks are lighter and the aluminum block 215s are even lighter but they are still frankensteins. Can't beat the sound but a V six, now there's something that copuld fit but has to be 4 cylinder light.

Does anybody know if I could put a chevy small block in my 510. Or how much wwork it would be.

I don't see what the big deal is.  I think if you have a Wagon it would fit no problem.  Just load it over the rear axle, tie it down well, and drive slow over bumps.  I've seen them balanced on a tire to prevent damage to the pan, and the wagon floor.  A truck would surely be easier, but I'd say no problem with a 510 wagon.  Just don't try to fit it in the trunk of a sedan or coupe.  That would not work.  

Out of curiosity, how far is your drive to the dump?  

• Like 3