S2000 motor in 74

Dats-2k

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been several F20/F22 swaps in Datsun 510 and the 620 is very similar size/engine bay size wise to that of a 510. 

I've planned to do an S2OOO swap for years and hoped to be the first to do the swap in a 620 but I've got a ton of projects and the 620 is currently getting a frame off/glass out restoration.  Unfortunately, it looks like I'll have to wait a few years before doing the swap but I will definitely be doing this swap one day.

A45 AMG:

Equipped with a hand-built, turbocharged, direct-injection, 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, the European version of the A45 AMG is rated to deliver 360 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and approximately 330 lb.-ft. of torque between 2,250 rpm and 5,000 rpm.

I love the S2000.  Always have.  This thread made me look up the most powerful four cyl.  If you want power, find the new Mercedes 4 cly.  But, i'll follow either swap if there are PICS.

But that is turbo. And the F20c is N/A...

Nissan been there, done that - they had 240 HP in 1985 with the factory 240RS. For more relaxed driving they went with 207 HP in 2001 with the SR20VE. Both naturally aspirated.

Actually 237hp with a 2.4L. And more relaxed? Doesnt that depend on application?

The F20c actually held the record for most horsepower per liter of any N/A motor until the Ferrari 458 Italia in 2010, and the Porsche GT3 RS 4.0 in 2011. The F20c is trailed closely by the SR16VE N1.

Lol mine smells like unburnt fuel and 40 year old vinyl. The motor is really close to level. Ur just bein deceived alittle from the pic. It's pretty solid fit tho. I'm still tryin to get spark. Puttin in 20gal fuel cell and 90 psi pump in today

• 4 weeks later...