Datsuns with 3 speed column shift

I was wondering something....what countries (except in the USA) got datsuns with 3 speed manuals? Back in my home country(Trinidad and Tobago) we got the basic datsun 180b(810) and datsun 1600 510 with 3 speed manual column shift gearboxes. It never heard of other markets having this gearbox in these particular cars...only 4 and 5 speed floor shifts. I did read on the datsun1200 wiki page that some standard b110 1200s had the 3 speeds.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, The good ol "Three on the Tree"

My grandmother used to pick my uncle up in soccer practice in a  61' Ford Falcon with column shift.

"Grind me a pound Maxine" was the common quip to my uncle. She hates Manual, My grandfather prefers it, haha.

In the islands back in the day 3 4 and 5 speed column shift cars and trucks were common. We got 3 speed holden kingswoods, ford falcon, toyota corona,toyota crown, toyota cressida,datsun 180b and 1600 to name a few...4 speeds we got were datsun 521,620 and 720 pickups, nissan e20 and e23 caravans, mazda bseries/ford courier pickups, mitsubishi l300, toyota hiace...and 5 speeds we got nissan d21 and think some d22 pickups, toyota hilux,toyota hiace...cant remember what else but there were a couple of em...some guys even converted some nissan e23 caravans from 4 to 5 speed column shift. Its crazy when i tell people about cars with 4 and 5 speed column shifts they be like What?! Lol i heard some American vehicles had 4 speed column shifts...the old 60s ford econoline and chevy corvair vans