L20 blow by quiz ... no happy endings..

jrock4224

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i smell a full on ka swap .. maybe ... once the compression test was done i rolled that pig outside and immediately started back onthe irs goon project ....got more trimmed out and ready to start disecting trailing arms.........just gonna swap a l16 in for now that i was putting in my goon .... while i finish the goon up i will keep my eyes peeled for a rear sump ka de

You could put a bike engine in it and run the kick starter through the grill.

Just for information purposes here, when an L engine is idling, it can have a lot of blowby, but when you give it a little gas, it will actually suck air into the valve cover hole, I noticed this on my LZ23 when it was fresh, I suspect it is that way on all L block engines.

right now it pumps the weber carb air cleaner so full it smokes for ten minutes after i get somewhere since its dripping off it on to exhaust mani.......after the carls meet it had saturated the element so bad the truck was severely hamstrung on the highway ... cleaned the element and made it better still pushing oil ... and i think the compression......the oil seeping out the plug hole and te oily plug and the pushing oil pretty sure the ring in #2 are shot..... i like mikes idea but ... if he saw the look in the head and the rest of the motor he might think twice ..... its gt some miles..... waiting 4 k miles to change the oil prolly is what did the wrist pin in .... it was pretty thin....the l16 is a proven non oil burner .... it will do fine with 3.88 and the 5sp.....for now.... maybe i will trade someone for some machine work should they come in..... i got some l20 cores with rotating assemblys... fuck phixius has got me thinking vg's all of the sudden .... ...sigh .... why cant shit just work ...

You could put a bike engine in it and run the kick starter through the grill.

literally if i body dropped this thing on bags i would imediately go full ev conversion ... batts under bed floor ..... no oil pan to crush ... whisper quiet tire frying voltage torque monster..... fuck i only drive it 60 miles round trip anyway ...( ok too expensive for my blood but tis something i wanna do ...build a sick ass mini truck that runs on lipo )

I fully agree. I think the price of that stuff might come down a little in time. When it does, I'm going to jump on it. One of the guys I sand drag with has an electric golf cart for his pit rig that he has monkied with. That fucker with flat out white smoke those little tires and right away too. That's when I started thinking how cool that would be in a fiberglass buggy.