Yamaha-ha-ha-ha

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a really solid bike. The only problem is sometimes the diaphragm in the carbs get dry rot. You would know this right away, because if running right they are really smooth. They are no rocket ship, but they will do 90 plus mph with a full size guy on it. It looks really well taken care of. Check tires and hoses for dry rot and so on. For 1200 bucks, it needs to be pretty close to a 10 as far as condition. Other than that, it will last a really long time, it's a good little bike.

Great bikes, I'm really into the 650's. The 80's 400xs are not super rare, $1200.00 is a bit steep. Check out the early to mid 70's xs 650, I bet you could score one for around $1200.00. Alot like a triumph Bonneville, maybe even faster with a little more HP,

If you come across a Yamaha SR 500 get it, they are way more sought after.

I have a BSA 441, I'm way to big for it, but it is a really fun bike. I always tell my friends to get the tt500 but they never do, "Oh I'm just gona get a Honda" 

How does the tt hold up on highway?  Came a pubic hair away from buying a 1986 Suzuki GSXR today, 

Without knowing anything about Harleys I always liked the older sportsters. Every motorcycle has a Douche factor, they are all geezer gliders. Mo Fuhkas on fixed gear bicycles can be the biggest douche lords of them all. They are everywhere in S.F. , Google douche

TT500s are incredible bikes, once you get used to that thumper torque, your hooked on thumpers for good.

Honestly with the right size tires I didnt find mine bad on the highway, under 70, lol. Smoke is totally right, they are wrapped out at 70 on the high way, but I felt fairly comfortable at 60-65

I would love to get a DR-Z400 if I had the money.

Without knowing anything about Harleys I always liked the older sportsters. Every motorcycle has a Douche factor, they are all geezer gliders. Mo Fuhkas on fixed gear bicycles can be the biggest douche lords of them all. They are everywhere in S.F. , Google douche

Sportsters are a fav of mine....until I pass a store window and see my reflection while riding one. I look like a trained circus bear on a unicycle.

i love me some jap bikes, Although i know almost nothing about that xs400 yami, but im always learning. I know the xs650s were very nice and have a coltish following.

I rock a 95 honda cb1000 as my main bike, basically a standard motorycyle with a crotch-rocket motor. My project bike at the moment is an 88 suzuki gsxr 750 with a blower. Most definitely need to get some good life insurance before i ride that though :w00t:

• Like 1

like over weight women............ fun to ride til your friends see you on one.

I look like a rodeo clown on my BSA single, no point in trying to look bad ass on a 40 year old dirt bike. Harley guys are usually pretty cool. Most  Norton owners are dicks. I talked to a vintage bike mechanic and he said he won't work on Nortons cuz the owners are all wound up pricks. 

i love me some jap bikes, Although i know almost nothing about that xs400 yami, but im always learning. I know the xs650s were very nice and have a coltish following.

I rock a 95 honda cb1000 as my main bike, basically a standard motorycyle with a crotch-rocket motor. My project bike at the moment is an 88 suzuki gsxr 750 with a blower. Most definitely need to get some good life insurance before i ride that though :w00t:

GXERS are sweet. I've been trying too buy a cool jap bike all week, but I am too cheap and picky. KZ GS GSXR and XS are all morris code for bad ass!

Well,we went to Chandler to see it.When we arrived,there were two other guys there looking at it.Class-less move on the sellers part as he knew we were driving 90 miles and when we were getting there.

The guy never shut his mouth the whole time:

14K original but here's the speedo I got from Ebay 'cause the old one was rusted.

Was warm when we arrived-which means he didn't want us to see a "cold start".

He's re-wired this,re-wired that.Turn signal cancel doesn't work,the seat doesn't have the locking mech.,New battery but needed to be jumped.Guy said he re-painted the tank because it looked like a kid beat it with a ball-peen hammer.Missing spring on the front brake lever.

Just a typical CL disaster.