1973 620 AWSOME TRUCK putting SR in

I have been dying to get a 620 for awhile and do something abit different then the general guys around. Ive looked endlessly to find a sr20det in a 620 for awhile but cannot find the information. I have reviewed everyones installs of ka24e model motors installed in 620s and seems straight forward. But im looking for abit more Umph if you know what i mean. Has anyone got any pointers b4 i tear this immaculant truck up? is there any fittment problems needed to be addressed? mount issues? crossmember issues. Trans tunnel modding? ive viewed about 3 or 4 ka installs in 620s. I think a 620 sr will be a blast and a show stopper with the truck thats drop dead awsome. I look forward to being on this forum and making it my new home. I currently have many nissans under my belt heres my list of modded cars

1991 Sentra SE-R SR20VE VVL 210hp NA

1995 200SX SE-R Turbo 492hp C16 30PSI

1993 NX2000 150Shot Bone stock car Sleeper

1995 240SX SE RB25DET

1995 240sx SE KA24DET built 390hp 12psi 60-1 Turbonetics

2004 350z Turbonetics sponsored car 400RWHP single turbo

Current Car 2004 Corvette z06

New Toy 1973 Datsun PL620

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you've done a few nissans. I don't think the 620 will be to tuff, I think the biggest problem you will face is room for everything. With a welder anything is possible.

1. The Sr tranny is longer than the truck one. So a custom tranny mount and the driveline will need to be shortened.

2. The steering column is right where the SR turbo is, I haven't measured it exactly but it sure looks that way.

3. The radiator, fan and innercooler will need to be research, its always a big discussion on the 510realm.

4. Front sump adds one more problem to the list. Beebani figured that out, I think he just built a new cross link for the tie rods.

I'm excited to see it go together, you best be keeping us posted. O and we love photo's

Hey guys thanks alot for the info. yes ill definetly be keeping everyone posted i was worried about the front sump vs the farther back sump on the sohc ka. i was trying to look at pics as much as possible to determine how i can make this happen. ill take pics of the truck ones i pick it up today or tomarrow

looks like he did alot of firewall modding from that pic its hard to tell if thats a redo on the firewall with new sheet metal. ill head to the site i wonder why they removed his buildup ill see about msging masterpeice620. Im also worried b/c that is a right hand drive 620 not us spec. Ill end up doing a top mount turbo to show off the goods if that steering colum becomes a bugger. I had a hard time at that website most japanese. ive done a google search on the name thats listed under the trucks members profile and noting really came up. anymore pics of this buildup??? i am dying for something to base off of

I am doing this mod to my 620. But im also building custom frame to hold skyline front sup. And sx rear sup.Im useing the dash out of the 180 half cut. Which is right hand steer so at least streering will be easy. I hope it goes as easy as i can write it?

I'd like to start by saying are you guys sure that blue truck is turbo? If you look close the MAF is on the intake side. If it was turbo it would be on the other side. Do you remember seeing a turbo in the build up photo's Beebani?

Hey guys thanks alot for the info. yes ill definetly be keeping everyone posted i was worried about the front sump vs the farther back sump on the sohc ka. i was trying to look at pics as much as possible to determine how i can make this happen. ill take pics of the truck ones i pick it up today or tomarrow

I would build a new cross member if I where doing it. Get the SR as close the the fire wall as possible. I will try and get the part number for the rad a buddy of mine used in his 510 its super slim and he says it cools great. That with a short intercooler and it should fit fine.

I am doing this mod to my 620. But im also building custom frame to hold skyline front sup. And sx rear sup.Im useing the dash out of the 180 half cut. Which is right hand steer so at least streering will be easy. I hope it goes as easy as i can write it?

You best be starting a project thread to :D

wow that sounds like a major build up im not looking to doing that... i was thinking dumping a 2jz since turbo is on the left side of the motor.. the sr pan is worrying me

I don't think the turbo will be to tuff to fit with a custom mani. Get the GT2860R that thing is small and will give you tons of power for a 620 :D You could also do a high compression turbo setup, that would help keep the turbo size down.

It's not turboed Jeff. The buildup pics didn't show much of the engine anyway.

If you go over to nissancustoms.com there are a couple of guys who put sr motors in there hb pickups, good place to start. Those trucks are not too different from the 620.

I went to website and noticed they removed his build-up pics.:( Here's the truck I'm talking about, I have dreams about it!

DSC02701.jpg

Enjoy!;)

Wet, no doubt. I don't see the wipers but do see the squirters on the hood, did mine on the hood too. The grill should always be black.

well i got the truck home heres some pics sorry they are cell phone pics but they work for now. I need to get it painted asap im dyeing for a BRE scheme truck that i can look at. Anything from a cartoon drawing to show a painter. I got the paint scheme datsun instructions any other help will do. also does anyone know auto painters that paints the bre scheme great in socal? and its gonna be a SR for sure i really think it will clear the pan just fine if not the modding begins.

img070.jpg

img071.jpg

img073.jpg

img074.jpg

heres my 350z

DCP_0461.JPG

_MG_6833.JPG

dougmed1.JPG

dougmed2.JPG

zprofilesmall.JPG

Yes its the ebay truck i just bought. Ive been eyeing 510s and 620s for awhile and just waited for the right one that seemed to not need lots of restoration. I am no body guy so i dont want to have to deal with that stuff i just want to take it to a reputable datsun painter that has done the BRE scheme b4 so i knw im geting it done right, Also the guy is great and alots been done on it for resto so im very happy

I do have options for suspension.

id like to know what we can muster up for suspension. and also need the brackets for brakes. I was up till 3am last night searching all the forums seeing what others have done and really liked that people are becomming inovative in the truck scene. the 510 scene is already blown up i want these gems to be in that category if at all possible