Just bought me my first rwd!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is simply not true at all. Soichiro Honda actually started in cars/motorcycles cause he wanted to race. Honda Company has over 65 years in various racing.

The Civic is actually built for the purpose of being a daily driver FIRST, However secondarily, Honda designs every single Civic with the intention that it can be taken on track.

True story...

many hondas are not intended to be performance cars. The Civic is. thats why these boy racer dickheads ruin them so frequently.

Nope.

• Like 2

Well that is simply not true at all. Soichiro Honda actually started in cars/motorcycles cause he wanted to race. Honda Company has over 65 years in various racing.

The Civic is actually built for the purpose of being a daily driver FIRST, However secondarily, Honda designs every single Civic with the intention that it can be taken on track.

True story...

many hondas are not intended to be performance cars. The Civic is. thats why these boy racer dickheads ruin them so frequently.

I'm going to have to say PROVE IT!

Prove what? I cant point out books and historical resources to you over the internet.

Do your own research.

Soichiro Honda's life long dream was racing.  Look at Hondas race records. The fact that they and not Nissan, nor Toyota anymore, compete extremely successfully in Formula One racing is extremely telling.

Honda started the Honda motor.

Look at the Honda Civics racing history, its as broad as Nissans entire company race history, JUST THE CIVIC!!

Then theres the last 50 years they have spent winning motorcycle races.

Honda has won more races as a company than pretty much any other Japanese car company.

And the best part is that they have been making cars the shortest period of time out of all the Japanese companies.

Sorry if you have a Bias against them, but its just that, a bias. Fact is that if you want to race in 2014, your not buying a Toyota, or a Nissan.

I dont get whats up with the Honda hate around here.

Its pretty boring and shows a character flaw of one dimensionality. You guys and all of us for that matter, hate Ricers, not Hondas, Soichiro never told dumb boy racers to put flame decals, 3 tier wings, underglow, and ebay ground effects on his cars.

And its not like dumb morons only do that to Hondas, I cant even count the Sentras or anything else on one hand for how many dumb ones I have seen.

And most if not all the opinions on "FWD is soo inferior" are entirely erroneous and not thought out whatsoever. It also highlights a limited experience at the track, cause nobody who goes to, or takes part in real SCCA, Pro Auto, racing events would say that, pretty much ever.

The other Irony is it seems like Nissan has forgotten all about the race track, Probably due to the french.

I didnt know that formula one went to front wheel drive. Good to know! Chevy ran luminas in nascar does that mean that they are all bona fide race cars. Im not hating on hondas and understan that they have some history in racing I'v never seen any involving civics. lastly you are on a forum dedicated to cars that are perdominately rear drive and most importantly not hondas. if you dont like honda hate go to a honda forum I'm not over there explaining the benifits of rear drive. We are here because (i hope ) we are all passionate about cars so there will always be hate and storng opinons for or against other brands. You dont root for every football team do you that would be awfully boring. This is all for the sake of conversation, you are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I. I'm not saying you are wrong but I will never feel that a honda is anything but an econobox is all.

No F1 cars are FWD, and Hondas first car wasnt either, so they have been making both pretty much always actually.

I never said all Hondas are bonafide race cars, are all Nissans? were all Nissans ever? no.

Pretty sure I actually said that Honda makes a whole lot of daily driver type cars. Hmm, so does Nissan, and always has Nissan....

If you understand that they have hisrtory in racing, but never have seen any with the Civic, you dont understand much of their history in racing.

Just cause a forum is predominately RWD does not mean RWD is always king.

You can FEEL however you want about Hondas

For the record, Ill say it again, FWD=RWD

Theres no advantage to nor do I have preference to either

Thats why I own and have owned both for a long time I had a Z before the 910 Maxima. And before that have always had Trucks and RWD or AWD cars.

Im pretty un bias towards either.

Well it first started when Tatsuru Ichishima got his first car. It was an 80s Civic. He built it in his garage to compete in the JTCC. This was the car

sstp_0906_10_zhonda_civic_spoonfront_vie

Honda saw the success of Tatsuru's Civic so they commissioned one of their own. This was built by Mugen. Mugen is owned by Soichiro Honda's son Hirotoshi.

532714706_7d5ac60a90_zps0c634b11.jpg

Honda has led a great success since then. They have several victories in the JTCC, JGTC, F1 etc

I'v tried FWD just seems like a major design flaw to have the steering wheel jerk around during acceleration it turned me off to them instantly. Honda didnt make anything rear drive till the s 2000 so i have no interest in them I'm not defending nissan either they lost my respect in 84 and didnt get it back till 02 the Z32s were decent I just didnt like the body. they just lost so much going from the L6 to a V6, it  just didnt feel the same. As far as biased yes I am, it is based on not liking how they drive not closed mindedness. I drove a suby legacy wich drove nice but was weak so I dont know if it would have torque steer if it had more power. Good conversation though!

Well it first started when Tatsuru Ichishima got his first car. It was an 80s Civic. He built it in his garage to compete in the JTCC. This was the car

sstp_0906_10_zhonda_civic_spoonfront_vie

Honda saw the success of Tatsuru's Civic so they commissioned one of their own. This was built by Mugen. Mugen is owned by Soichiro Honda's son Hirotoshi.

532714706_7d5ac60a90_zps0c634b11.jpg

Honda has led a great success since then. They have several victories in the JTCC, JGTC, F1 etc

lol just a joke but looks like they were racing to the grocery store

And thats just the Civic!

The only point I am trying to make here is that I love RWD! I love FWD! I love Honda I love Nissan, and shit I love fuckin Ford too!!

The cars that people drive are their owners, not their brands.

Saying "I hate Hondas" is really saying either "I am incredibly ignorant", "Hondas caused some emotional childhood scars" or more likely "I hate riced out fart can walmart tuned douchebags"

Honestly I think the Fox body Stang' was a freakin awesome choice, my personal favorite Mustang.

Edit: Honda's first rear wheel drive car wasnt the S2000, it was their very first car, in 1963,  the T360, and then the S600 the next year.

Then theres the NSX, the first Japanese supercar, ever.

Just bought me my first rwd!

Yes I just bought my foxy mustang

How about staying on topic? Mustang. Post some pictures. This is becoming a 12 page rant FWD vs. RWD, Hondas suck, no they don't, you suck for saying so,

Who+pissed+off+my+badger_492a76_3655360.

Bad enough on a Datsun forum...

I'm thinking that Mike doesn't know what a sleeper is. I've said it once, but I'll say it again. I'll only post one picture of it. I don't want any of you knowing anything about it

Then why post at all you are making dumbasses (myself included) come out and argue on this pointless thread!

I thought honey badger doesn't give a shit lol

But seriously, if this is a build thread and you're building a sleeper, we are gunna know it's a sleeper and see you post about adding parts...

• Like 1

I'm thinking that Mike doesn't know what a sleeper is. I've said it once, but I'll say it again. I'll only post one picture of it. I don't want any of you knowing anything about it

Oh come come now, we arent gonna care that much about getting beat by a mustang in a straight line. :rofl: