Quickest way of removing a z24 carby?

camsta97

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the titles says I've been at it for about 3 hours and I've only managed to get one but off, how many nuts are their and does anyone have a guide on her to get it off? The easiest way?

4 studs with nuts. You have to loosen them all and lift carb slightly to finish unscrewing the nuts. Might be a good idea to bend a cheap spanner and grind the shoulders down for ease of fitment.

4 studs with nuts. You have to loosen them all and lift carb slightly to finish unscrewing the nuts. Might be a good idea to bend a cheap spanner and grind the shoulders down for ease of fitment.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

oh, and, please tell me you've removed the air cleaner?

Go to pawn shop or yard sale these tools are cheap and disposable. Some tool houses have cheap sets also. Work toward a good set of your own... best money you can invest as the save and make you money. Don't pay $80 an hour for turning a bolt you could do. Don't give up.

Yeah i removed the air cleaner ;) all the spanners i had were dads good kinchrome ones, so i just said fuck this, the mechanic can do it

Dafuc?

Cmon dude, it aint that hard.

What Mike said above, and, from my signature block "what would you attempt to do if you knew you couldnt fail?"

Seriously mate (Aussie term of endearment), persevere!

If all else fails, and you don't give a crap. a quarter stick of dynamite is a guaranteed removal.  Of course there will be nothing left of the engine / your car/ and-or your garage! 

All in the name of lightening up the discussion.  Being in the benighted Commonwealth of Australia [due to current events beyond any sane belief] you are anyway unlikely to obtain the dynamite.  Lets hope that the serious suggestions above resolve your situation.

By the way, any serious current  movement toward declaring Australia a Republic sans a Monarch?

If all else fails, and you don't give a crap. a quarter stick of dynamite is a guaranteed removal.  Of course there will be nothing left of the engine / your car/ and-or your garage! 

All in the name of lightening up the discussion.  Being in the benighted Commonwealth of Australia [due to current events beyond any sane belief] you are anyway unlikely to obtain the dynamite.  Lets hope that the serious suggestions above resolve your situation.

By the way, any serious current  movement toward declaring Australia a Republic sans a Monarch?

Ummmm, Mike, lay down the crack pipe