diesel engine swap

bryant2482

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt know that about kubota being in the division with nissan. i only brought it up because yea it is something i have thought about doing. as far as it goes for trying to find a nissan diesel in vegas..thats something that has been nearly impossible to find!

For many years Chrystler had the exclusive USA distributorship for Nissan Diesel engines and they were used to retrofit taxi cabs and more importantly for you rebuilt original London Austin taxi cabs for Scottsdale Arizona luxury hotels,  The luggage port beside the driver and the fold down boot panel were just what too rich travelers with too much luggage needed to take them from the Sky Harbor airport to their Scottsdale hotel.  You just might find one of these Austin cabs in a bone yard outside Pheonix or Glendale Arizona.  A Nissan diesel will surely outlast an English Austin body!

By the way, my cousin's husband in London had one of the Nissan Diesel modified Austins.  He swore by it and stated that he would never buy a gasoline powered car again.  He drove me, my wife and our daughter through London to the Bed and Breakfast at which we were staying [on the otherside of London from his house].  This was 20 years ago,  My daughter still refers to this trip as "Mr, Toad's Wild Ride" as in Disneyland.  The performance was amazing, but I'm glad all 3 of us survived.  Memories!!!!!!