Traction control springs?

nickel&dime

I have seen these traction contol springs:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1209989&parttype=15009

http://www.jcwhitney.com/hellwig-performance-traction-control-springs/p2005971.jcwx?skuId=189018&filterid=c11307d1668u0j1

Has anyone tried these? Would they help with axle warp and wheel hop? I wanna do donuts

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need those to do donuts.

Besides, those are overload springs, not traction bars; completely different things.

Here's an example of a traction bar:

0903or_07_z+2003_ford_f_350+pro_comp_tra

They said traction control springs I figured they might help. You know anywhere I can get some traction bars? I know there is one on 510realm but he wants a group buy. If I do donuts with all that play in the axle it will break.

If I do donuts with all that play in the axle it will break.

Says who? What kind of engine do you have that's causing you to be concerned about axle-wrap and breaking your toy? Something tells me that you've been misinformed about the purpose of traction bars..

Doughnuts? That's intentional abuse and will just fuck something up and take you off the road sooner. Then you'll have lots of time to think about how stupid, expensive (clutch, transmission, driveshaft, differential, tires/bent rim on curb) ... it all was.

• Like 1

So that's your wagon? Or something you just found on youtube.com while searching for ways to destroy your classic? By the way, the donuts aren't what busted up that guy's wagon; it was the straight-forward burnout. Like I said before, I think you're misinformed.

What kind of engine do you have that's causing you to be concerned about axle-wrap and breaking your toy?

Nevermind, just went to the link; KA24DE. If you're rocking an L16(which I have a feeling you are), you won't have to worry about this. Is your diff. welded like this guy's is?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Doughnuts? That's intentional abuse and will just fuck something up and take you off the road sooner. Then you'll have lots of time to think about how stupid, expensive (clutch, transmission, driveshaft, differential, tires/bent rim on curb) ... it all was.

Once the tires are spinning you're not really abusing anything.  Whole different story if you don't have enough power to keep the tires spinning.

Well for one the suspension is at an extreme angle and stress. Uneven road surfaces can transmit sudden huge shocks to all the driveshaft components. Another is the nature of an open differential. With one tire spinning at say 30mph the spider gears are going twice that transferring high rpm power to one side gear. Normally they may turn once or twice going around a city corner and even less on the highway.

I've seen driveshafts thrown out from under a car doing this. Differential teeth snapped off, broken U joints, broken leaf spring and one blown motor from sudden over rev when the tire left the pavement... admittedly the motor was in poor shape to begin with.