Koyorad Racing 1.6 L4 MT Aluminum radiator

510SSS

Hey all, I have a modified 2.2 ltr L20b, that I think is going to generate a lot of heat because it has long rods and a pretty long duration cam. I was wondering will this radiator be adequate for cooling this engine properly and does anyone know how many cores it has? Would it be better to go with a Champion 3 row radiator? or does the Koyorad have a better cooling capacity?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOYO-48MM-RACING-RADIATOR-DATSUN-510-1-6L-HH022598-/360722840005

looks like 2 row.

your devoted friend

Hainz

long rod and cam isnt going to make it really any hotter.

a new engine might run hotter but as it wears in it will get better.

Most real race engines they would under size the bearings to keep it loose to spin up faster.least the crank mains.

Rods Discount Datsun had stock rads that were recored to 3 row. I have 2 of them and they work so good I pulled them back out as the heater would never really get warm evem with a 195 stat in there. I went back to 2 row

http://rodsdatsun.com/510pics/510pics.htm

I have a champion more for the BLING but havent run it yet. A Z car guy said they were OK and trusted him but seen on here soem people dont have good luck with them(leaks) I like the stock rads myself and run the USA Modine ones I have gotten over the years when JC whitney sold them for 100$

i bought a champion radiator, never installed it, the quality of the radiator LOOKS pretty good, but a few people have reported that theirs have leaked. 

i can also tell you that people are running 2.0 and above on the koyo rad with no cooling problems.