610 Wagon differences

GamblerZ

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

73 had the early style fenders, lower valance, turn signals, side markers, grill, and bumpers. The hood was slightly different than later years, as well.

Also, the gauges were different in 73. 74-75 had blue faced gauges, and 76 had the same font, but a black face. There are a few other small differences in trim, but those are the most notable.

I hoped to find more helpful responses unlike the ones above despite a Google query leading me here. It would appear that this was the wrong place to come to ask for some help and guidance identifying models.

Rest assured, this is not my first rodeo

If that's so why not be more specific instead of more sarcastic? I doubt you will find as much info on the 610 in one place as here. What exactly are you trying to know about the 610?

The exhaust down pipes will be different between '73 and '74.

The emissions systems were pretty much specific for every year as the rules and specs changed.

Up to July '73 you could have column or floor shift automatics.

That is very interesting regarding the gauges pictured above.  I thought mine were just suffering from fading, but they look just the ones in the second pic ('74-'75).

Specifically, I am trying to source trim and glass pieces and I don't know whether they are interchangeable with other year models.  Meanwhile, I noticed some of the wagons have amber side markers and others do not.  Some of the wagons have chrome embellishments on the taillights while others do not.  Some wagons appear to have insignia on the side while others do not.  I cannot find stock/oem photos for the various year models to compare.

A fellow enthusiast friend of mine, "datsunfreak" to some of you, has been a tremendous help to me in mapping out a plan for this car.  Despite his wealth of knowledge and professional expertise, I feel badly for asking him so many questions and was just hoping to get info from the collective group.  He has already indicated that the 510 chrome bumpers will work in place of the stock black ones on the 610 wagon, as well as a number of the suspension bushings and components.

Sedan and goon windshields all the same but not the hard top.

All goon front side markers are amber by law. If you saw clear or another color or they weren't there then somebody messed with them or shaved them off. Both illegal. Through '73, the the fronts are roughly rectangular in shape and mounted in the fender just forward of the front wheel. '74 and on are larger and taller and mounted on the front leading edge of the fender beside the headlights.

The rear side markers are the same for all years, roughly rectangular and are red by law.

Rear tail lights are all the same for all years, there is no chrome trim on them that I see.

Rear hatch lift is different between '73 and '74.

All goons have Datsun610 above the red side marker below the rear side window. If it ain't there, it fell off or was shaved.

What differences are there in model years on the 610 wagon?  I cannot find anything definitive.

Early had H-190 axles and later were H-165 I think. Will check when I get home. Also the very early ones had an L18.

73 had the early style fenders, lower valance, turn signals, side markers, grill, and bumpers. The hood was slightly different than later years, as well.

Also, the gauges were different in 73. 74-75 had blue faced gauges, and 76 had the same font, but a black face. There are a few other small differences in trim, but those are the most notable.

3.889 H-165 axle and L18 up until  July '73 4 speed and auto.

3.889 H-190 axle L20B motor from Aug. '73-Aug. '74 with 4 speeds, auto remained H-165.

3.700 H-190 axle L20B motor Sept. '74 on with 4 spd. and auto.

I hoped to find more helpful responses unlike the ones above despite a Google query leading me here.  It would appear that this was the wrong place to come to ask for some help and guidance identifying models.

AreYouKiddingMeBlackSS.png