No0b with a '75 120y RHD

guyster

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the community and especially Seattle / NW Datsun folks. I had a 1972 1200 when I was 15 years old; lowered, built, balanced, blueprinted and chromed it at 19 years old; and it was stolen 2 months after completion. I'm now, well, much older, and just bought a 120y RHD.

I won't take delivery for a week or two, but am beginning my research (and outreach). To be honest, I'm not sure what I'll do with it when it's here. I'm waiting for the "car to tell me what it wants," as weird as that sounds. I will lower it and give it some wheels, tires, and suspension ups, but it's so beautiful and original, I don't know about major mods.

Stats: 3 owners, 55k miles, imported by 2nd owner who was stationed in London, who bought from owner in London who bought it new.

Anyway, here are the pics. What would you do? Or not do! (Not every car needs to be bagged, swapped, and stanced, eh?)

00A0A_18gwgRcni60_600x450_zpsb2a6b63a.jp

datsuninterior_zps45916f02.jpg

00h0h_8fBMlNS0Ch7_600x450_zps82b455ea.jp

00H0H_ly9EybFdUEx_600x450_zps514339af.jp

00K0K_8ETtU6q18j0_600x450_zps5cecce9c.jp

00Q0Q_4JP8sXVUZ9O_600x450_zps5916ad82.jp

01313_lb673ay6jTV_600x450_zps3bd65358.jp

• Like 2
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would give Kirden the tach...

Seriously though that looks extremely clean. Definitely take your time and figure out what the car tells you. I'm finally stuck on  direction with my B210 after going through swap threads, bag options, stance options, paint, ect. Now its just meeting my wallet in the middle till I have a finished project.

Welcome to ratsun and good luck with your build :)

• Like 1

Looks Great!  I think that's the one we were watching in the "Post Craigslist ads here".  Nice buy!

Yes, KlassicMotion, it's the same one. I just now (two minutes ago), received the text that the owner is dropping the car off with the broker who is mediating the deal. Best. Text. Ever!

Good snag! That's a sweet datsun!

More pics!!!

There will definitely be more pics when I get delivery. Like you, I've only seen what was online as part of the seller's post. They are still online, so if you wanna check 'em before the pages go dark, here they are:

Second ad with more pics but a typo on year: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4134911412.html

Nice but your steering wheel is on the wrong side!! LOL!!!!

I used that fact to negotiate a lower price! Relocating it will be the first fix... I'm thinking back seat this time.

Funny story: The broker who inspected it went to put it in the warehouse for safe keeping and got in on the wrong side!

• Like 1

i second putting it in the back seat,  that way you can make the rb26dett that much easier of swap!

my suggestion would be put on your preference of rims,  and lower it a bit, not dropped or anything like that, but imo the stock height is way too high.  for the motor you can easily throw in an a14 to wake it up.  the best advantage that you have over our b210s is your choice of any nearly sidedraft available without having worry about the mastercylinder getting in the way of the horns. great car

• Like 1

Nice score.  If ya wanna make it LHD look me up. I'd definitely be interested  :)  that much closer to my 160z

if'n when you look for new wheels I'd be interested in the ones on the car

Mike

The tach won't fit Kirden's car.         YES it will.   I received two of them from AU. one is in my car now.....  hmmmm 

• Like 1

decent wheels with some lippage/offset, subtle drop, weber carb...done!

Do you know what wheel size / offset I'm looking for so I can begin my search? 

Is it true I just cut 1/2 a coil at a time until I'm happy, or are there professional springs out there I should be looking at? 

Finally, I'm wanting a subtle front lip / spoiler. Nothing fancy, just an old school fiberglass plank. (Even thought it would be fun to try and make one... dunno.) Resources?

In Aussie land they use King springs. I think there are a few different options, but datsport carries the ones I'm talking about. $250 a set + shipping. From what I understand cutting the spring is a decent option for the street, or if you plan on running 14" or larger wheels you can do the 280zx strut swap for more/cheaper spring options and better brakes to boot.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats...I saw the car on ebay and I wondered who was the lucky son of a gun who got it. If I were u I would lower it on some minilite wheels, throw in some mikunis with headers n exhaust and just keep it nice and clean...and oh yeah i'd leave it RHD!! It's just unique especially in the US. I'm jealous of u badly!!

• Like 1