Introducing myself and my 620

daderaide

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and just picked up my first Datsun this week. A '74 620.

045_zpsfc069b5b.jpg

Picked it up from craiglist for $1500. So far I've swapped the carb for a rebuilt 2br webber and spacer that the guy gave me with the truck and yesterday I used the TR-3 stuff to shine up the paint. I'm going to love working on this!!

I was really suprised to see how many folks on here are in the Pacific Northwest. A lot of you are right in my area! I can't wait to check out some of the local club meetings.

• Like 2
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone! It was a great find. I'm hoping to be more of a contributor than a mooch. I may be a noob when it comes to Datsun, but I've been working on and building cars for a while now. I'm actually getting ready to start an auto repair business out of my garage.

It has new wheel cylinders all the way around, but it's still a terror stopping from highway speed with 4-wheel drums. I think the first thing I'm going to do is the disk brake conversion using beebani's control arms. My charge malfunction light just came on also, so it looks like I'll be replacing the alternator. I've heard there is a one wire GM alternator swap that can be done. Anyone know anything about that?