help: 320 valve cover gasket????

LAYEDOUTB2K

i have been looking all over for a valve cover gasket for my 320. i decided to adjust the valves because i got a gasket through Napa but since where they get them from, the cork gasket came as hard as a rock. the part is no longer made and looked like it had been on the shelf for years. does anyone know where a good source is that they still make them. btw: i know the j13 motors use the same valve cover gasket and ive been telling them i have a 66 520 since they seem to be more common for parts.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i was thinkin about maybe having to do. one idea i thought about was using Permatex's "The Right Stuff". its a gasket maker that either comes in a cheesewiz type can or a chaulking tube. ive used it on a lot of other stuff but i wasnt sure about how it'd work with the thickness of what the cork gasket is.

i cant really use the one i got from napa because not only was it rock hard but it was shrunk a little bit. i tried to put it on with sealant but it wouldnt fit.

thats what i was thinkin about maybe having to do. one idea i thought about was using Permatex's "The Right Stuff". its a gasket maker that either comes in a cheesewiz type can or a chaulking tube.

You'll find mixed reviews on that. It worked on my old Dodge 318, but not worth a flying f#@% on my Isuzu Trooper or Porsche 914. I'd go with the cork with a little grease to hold it in place.

you might try getting it with the whole head set...

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0321422

The individual part numbers are sometimes on the packaging.

Maybe I'll have to come up with some good artwork and have the gaskets cut since they appear to be unavailable now. I bought the entire eng set when I did the one in mine.

how stiff are we talkin? i tried to sell this one on ebay thinking they might available anymore but i guess nobody wants a used gasket. it's still pliable with no oil or cracks. no serious indentations. if you want it pm me with an offer. if not i'm just going to give it to the first guy that buys the valve cover to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320285344179&ssPageName=STRK:MEUS:IT&ih=011