Port Orchard A&W Ratsun Meet Sat. Nov. 2nd 11:30 - 2:30

DatDoug

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to FEST, or if someone who lives close to you is going, I could bring it and hand it off if its easier

Good call.  We were just talking today about maybe trying to head out to check it out.  I will let you know by later in the week what we've decided.... we kind of tend to be last-minute with shit.

• Like 1

That is Trevor, the young lad on the right side of the pic, I am not sure where he lives

cool .

Is there any reason this needs to be in the exact same location every time?? Isn't there somewhere to eat or park closer to the battleships ( or anywhere but a strip mall) for a more scenic type meet like deal?

:)

Yes i am complaining about an event i didn't go to ,, but i have a few times in the past.

Guest Rick-rat

It would be one hell of a cruise to see a battleship, none in Bremerton anymore, could go down on the waterfront to the High Tide Tavern. San Francisco would be the closest battleship,the USS Iowa want to cruise down ?

Bananhamuck pick a place you would like to have a meet & post it.  The more the better! B)

Nope,, but any venue change would be ok.. The reason I didn't come this time has nothing to do with spot ,, like i said none of my none member  friends acquaintances,, assholes  i have met around Tumwater, or my brother wanted to go and FAT510 was still sleeping..

:sneaky:

That,, and the wind was blowing at just sub hurricane speeds.

About the battleship remarks,,, RickRat is being smart alecky but Tristin your just being the typical squid i supervised for many years. .. If it was a ship and it was in a battle i see it as a battleship.. Get it??  And there are these giant metal things parked just this side of Bremertweek they may not be "battleships" but they are kinda,,,, just kinda cool to look at..Also for the record i worked for a roofing company for a few years based on Bethal road right by Als towing and i can gaurantee you if anybody knows the secret places to hide in plain site with great views ,,, it's "roofers". .. We don't HAVE to eat where we meet maybe a cool parking spot then roll out to Seabeck pizza out in Seabeck,,for the cruise.. I don't really like their doughy crust but would enjoy a spirited cruise out there.. I was thinking a stop at Hooligans work ( at his lunch break ) might freak and somewhat please his boss at the same time then follow that wierd little road that parallels freeway through the hills over to the automall..

I think RickRat mentioned his wife would like to have a meet downtown by all the antique stores ??

• Like 1

About the battleship remarks,,, RickRat is being smart alecky but Tristin your just being the typical squid i supervised for many years. .. If it was a ship and it was in a battle i see it as a battleship.. Get it??  And there are these giant metal things parked just this side of Bremertweek they may not be "battleships" but they are kinda,,,, just kinda cool to look at..

Those are carriers parked on the south side of PSNS. Doesnt really matter for me what you call them, they are all targets to me... subs fo lyfe. 

Hey that was a good meet and although it wasnt sunny and 70, it was still really cool to meet a bunch of you and blast around in the leaves.  It's a good group we got here and i'm happy to finally have a Datsun and be a part of it.  Being new to the truck it was just cool to see some of your guys' projects up close and pick your brains a bit.

IMG_20131102_123743_775.jpg

IMG_20131102_125127_447.jpg

i was actually looking forward to trying A&W for my first time, but fwack the placed was closed due to power outage.

IMG_20131102_142051_454.jpg

Got to check out one of Doug's smokin hot girlfriends... and the coffee wasn't too bad either.

IMG_20131102_131956_394.jpg

IMG_20131102_131736_010.jpg

• Like 2

I think RickRat mentioned his wife would like to have a meet downtown by all the antique stores ??

By downtown do you mean Seattle?  I'm definitely down for a seattle meet.  Capital Hill or the SODO are places that i think would mesh well with our rides..  Katsu Burger anyone?

No downtown Port Orchard, a couple times they had a meet at a place in Tacoma and his wife went antique-ing.

I worked just north of the train bridge on Airport way from age 19 till 26 in the 80s early 90s and a SODO meet would be cool but not sure many would be comfortable with it.. :rofl: We used to drink beers and such for lunch in the Jack Perry park ( we called it chicken spot) :ninja:

Brodster and Datwifey  that you met,  had a Alki beach party once that sounded fun, but i'm to old to stay up that late.

Call me  homophobic, but Seattle has surpassed San Francisco for gheyness, don't want to see it or deal with it at all

I think Austin was rated the #1 city for gays... and not wanting to see gay acts and not liking gays are two different things. Hell, Im pretty damn queer myself, but I still try to minimize the amount of dicks I see in a day. 

Id like to avoid Seattle meets just for the hills and traffic. 

Guest Rick-rat

One of my best friends was a lesbian for quite a while, I converted her back from the Dark side. You know what they say,

Once you've had Rick.                                  You'll always prefer a dick

• Like 5

I totally hear you guys and don't blame ya.. its not for everyone, but a well planned Seattle meet (route, time, etc.) could surprise a few. There are so many cool, gritty areas of Seattle that make for good cruising as well as photo opportunities.. plenty of good eats and places to grab a beer... it doesn't have to be a hipster event, but I hear where you're coming from.