Weber 32/36 carb

edekalil

I found these carbs, they are weber 32/36 dgv carbs if I remember right. Is there an adaptor to fit one to a 510 manifold? Or do you have to use a special manifold? I remember people using these way back.

A26366DC-F5E6-40C2-97A4-9B881E9A0A63-122

3DD1E0BB-A1CF-48AD-AA00-B1BDD25D11DB-658

FECDA0D7-B4C4-470F-BCE6-E58B4CEFDB63-658

I cannot remember what type car they came off of but the manifold is in the foreground the other was upstairs.

• Like 1
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found these carbs, they are weber 32/36 dgv carbs if I remember right. Is there an adaptor to fit one to a 510 manifold? Or do you have to use a special manifold? I remember people using these way back.

A26366DC-F5E6-40C2-97A4-9B881E9A0A63-122

3DD1E0BB-A1CF-48AD-AA00-B1BDD25D11DB-658

FECDA0D7-B4C4-470F-BCE6-E58B4CEFDB63-658

I cannot remember what type car they came off of but the manifold is in the foreground the other was upstairs.

That adapter is for a 240Z.

Yes you need an adapter to run them. You can get them on eBay, probably from Redline themselves, possibly Weber Carbs Direct, a Ratsun member has made some before and had them for sale... They run about $30.

Here is one I have (on the left):

9974026586_dbbc291d2e_c.jpg

Thadapter on the right is to fit the stock air cleaner on the DGV. The only bummer is it might hit the hood if you're running a L20B or other tall block motor.

Thadapter on the right is to fit the stock air cleaner on the DGV. The only bummer is it might hit the hood if you're running a L20B or other tall block motor.

Very much so. Im going to check and see if theres enough clearance on my Offenhauser manifold since it does not require an adapter. 

I'm pretty sure they don't make that style adapter any more (the one Tristan posted).  Now when you order a new Weber, they give a a 1/4" plate or two to mate together with the correct stud configuration.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Carb-Adapter-Linkage-kit-Datsun-Nissan-LUV-/251125467234?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a783e8862&vxp=mtr

333KIT-1.jpg

Here's one. http://rndperformance.com/i-366132-tsd-2107-trans-dapt-performance-products-2107-trans-dapt-performance-carburetor-adapters.html

Those tall adapters flow a lot better than the two piece adapter, and they increase the volume of the plenum which helps a lot too.

• Like 1

Well thanks for all the great info, I'll probably get a couple adapters because I have 2 carbs. They have air cleaners on them do you think that will work clearance wise without bumping the hood? As well wound a single carb work ok on a 1600? I plan to use one on this 72 I just got a motor in and changed to a stick shift.

FECDF369-C948-404B-B6FD-F14A3F6194E3-164

It should be better than using the stock carb.

Many people like the 32/36 on the 1600. You won't have any issues with clearance if you use the adapter I posted. I don't know about the single piece adapter like Tristan posted. I suspect it will fit with the square Weber air cleaner.

The tall adapter should fit with the stock air cleaner if on an L16. L20 should be too large though... Tuesday I will know if the Offy manifold will allow a Weber w/stock box on an L20.

• 2 weeks later...

If someone doesn't chime in on what their 32/36 has, I would just put it on, buy a Jet kit, and tune it as per Weber's instructions:

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/carburetor_set_up_and_lean_best_.htm

This is what I did on my Weber 38DGES. Following the insturctions worked really well for me. 

I followed the instruction to a T.  This is the statement that helped me determine what jets to run:

"EXAMPLE     With the speed screw set at no more than (1 1/2) turns in after contact with the stop lever; and the best idle occurring with the mixture screw set at  3 turns from     bottom, indicates the need for a larger Idle jet. Achieving the best idle at under 2 turns indicates the need for a smaller idle jet."

If someone doesn't chime in on what their 32/36 has, I would just put it on, buy a Jet kit, and tune it as per Weber's instructions:

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/carburetor_set_up_and_lean_best_.htm

This is what I did on my Weber 38DGES. Following the insturctions worked really well for me. 

I followed the instruction to a T.  This is the statement that helped me determine what jets to run:

"EXAMPLE     With the speed screw set at no more than (1 1/2) turns in after contact with the stop lever; and the best idle occurring with the mixture screw set at  3 turns from     bottom, indicates the need for a larger Idle jet. Achieving the best idle at under 2 turns indicates the need for a smaller idle jet."

this is excellent into!

• 4 weeks later...

Oaky,so now I've installed my 32/36 and since I'm coming off my stock fuel pump which has a different size fuel line, do I install what size fuel line?  The weber fits good with 3/8 and it just seems way to big for the stock fuel pump.  Does Weber make a fuel inlet adapter that is a bit smaller?