KA24DE pic request

Eagle_Adam

looking for pics of KA24DE motos on a stand ready to be dropped into a datsun....

Im looking to accomplish a few things

A. Eye candy :)

B. Visual referrances for my own swap

C. color combos other have run(in regards to block painting and powdercoating)

Ready...

Set.....

GO!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine never went on a stand. The block is stock black and I went with red and chromish powder coat for color accents. :lol:

Picture018.jpg

Picture027.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

This reminds me I want to start a 620 KA thread to get all the swaps into one thread.

• Like 2

A - the search fuunction on the site itself blows

B - ive already seached via google

C - trololololol 

A - It works great if you know exactly what you are looking for (already read or wrote a certain phrase that you can pull and search).

B - Google works.

C - Put some pics together in this thread already. 

It's not a 620, but it's getting swapped into my '79 Stanza HLA510. ......and sorry for all the pics. i'm just excited, and satisfied with my swap :)

Note the nifty drive belt situation. Keep in mind our old Datto's don't have power steering, therefore we have to remove it from the KA24DE.

To do that you need...

KA24E water neck, upper alt bracket, lower alt bracket, 35" THREE ribbed V-Belt. Then it's pretty self-explanatory. Remember to grind down the upper alt bracket to the belt doesn't hit it....

709aGv0.jpg

WHzApq5.jpg

MjzIFS3.jpg

JQa6aoH.jpg

tUiwD87.jpg?1

WAvRvve.jpg

UGG10x9.jpg?1

uRJlBo5.jpg

NdUyfPi.jpg?1

HOd5urt.jpg

BBC6z42.jpg

56TbjXD.jpg

zMGzYzG.jpg

XVY32Cs.jpg

mVY78Oq.jpg

eGRkYf4.jpg

3kBRT0o.jpg

g2oleAD.jpg

c0Fmvb2.jpg

Ec6RrdJ.jpg

• Like 2

It's not a 620, but it's getting swapped into my '79 Stanza HLA510. ......and sorry for all the pics. i'm just excited, and satisfied with my swap :)

Note the nifty drive belt situation. Keep in mind our old Datto's don't have power steering, therefore we have to remove it from the KA24DE.

To do that you need...

KA24E water neck, upper alt bracket, lower alt bracket, 35" THREE ribbed V-Belt. Then it's pretty self-explanatory. Remember to grind down the upper alt bracket to the belt doesn't hit it....

It's a KA thread not a 620 thread :)

I've found that running the belt on the back grooves causes premature wear on the belt and squealing after a short while. Running it on the forward grooves now and haven't had any other issues.

KA24E Parts need for the power steering delete. Alternator brackets (upper and lower) and thermostat housing.

Picture017-1.jpg

Redeye.... what did you do with all the vacuum hardlines on the backside of your KA head? Those lines are to (mostly) IAC..... hm...

Nothing, they are all still hooked up. The only thing not factory on my KA is the filter on the valve cover for the vent, stock it runs to the intake tube. I even have the KA Charcoal canister hooked up.

Redeye, your first post, second pic shows the abc side of your head. No vacuum hard lines?

Eagle Adam, keep them. Some run to the idle air control and are necessary for cold start and runability. You can remove egr like we did, but not necessary.

This link is to the time chain idler gear fix, the second link is to the fix for the fix. It's holding up great so far.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22191-1977-620-kingcab-deluxe/page-23

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22191-1977-620-kingcab-deluxe/?p=975443

After closer inspection, I am wondering if I can even polish my timing cover on the KA. I want to, since... I polish everything I can. But yeah those are mine. :D

Do it! You will want to clear coat when your done to keep it nice.

I was lazy and got chrome powder coat, turned out pretty nice and no maintenance except soap and water. :D

IMG_4250.jpg

Redeye, your first post, second pic shows the abc side of your head. No vacuum hard lines?

Eagle Adam, keep them. Some run to the idle air control and are necessary for cold start and runability. You can remove egr like we did, but not necessary.

They were tucked up out of the way while installing the transmission, they were never removed or modified. EGR is still there as well.