Salida, CO

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 3-4 self service yards in Co Springs........I have't been in months, so the pickin's might be good!  CO has LKQ & Pay~n~Pull, so you can check out online for locations.  A buddy & I have been thinkin' about a road trip down from Denver on a Sat or Sun, you around?

That you Clint?  Welcome to the forum!  Hope the 510 is doing well. 

Yep, this is me.  The 510 is coming along.  Keep learning more quirks and oddities all the time.  I'm on the lookout for some seats still.  Can't decide which direction to go.  There was a discussion here about which seats are in 510s which was helpful.  May need to pay a visit to some scrap yards soon though.  I may throw some questions your way soon.

I tried to PM message you, but it doesn't look like you have set it up under your account.......??  I have a really nice pair of Acura Integra seats available.  Many early seats are hard to find without rips & tears, these are nice!  Also have a really cool pair of 1980's aftermarket seats, but they need reupholstering.  Call or PM me!

If you can get up to Englewood, Colorado Auto Parts had a pretty nice little 620 with an L20B in it. I've seen this truck and I would be really surprised if this engine had more than 100K on it. It still had the reinforced heater hoses on it, and it was CLEAN. Some of the usual Colorado rust, BUT it was still one of the cleanest Datsuns I've seen in a LONG time. Other than a black 720, that was it at that yard. It's not like WA or CA out here- it is kinda tough to find stuff at the yards. Best yard in the area, IMHO..

Thanks for the heads up buzzbomb!  A few months ago CO Auto Parts advertised that they had two 620's, told me over the phone that morning that they had them, I drove down there and the guy at the counter told me that they were not in the yard.  Maybe it's time to try them again, but wasn't happy about wasting 3 hrs of my Saturday that time!    

A tip for you about Colorado Auto Parts I learned from talking to the front desk guys..When they get a vehicle in, it's there for only around 90-120 days. I went out there at the end of August for a door off that black 720 that's there, and at that time the beige 620 must have just got there- like days before I went out there. THere was NOTHING taken off that truck when I saw it- it was 100% complete. As I said, very CLEAN engine in that truck.  Heck, aside from the usual few rust spots, the whole truck is clean. It honestly would be a nice, original, honest truck for a project.

I'd bet this truck was some old guys trusty companion, and it might have simply fell victim to family not wanting to deal with it.

Yup, often wonder why a classic car ends up in these yards........no apparent damage etc etc.  With Denvers emission testing, I can see why on 76 & newer stuff like the late 620's end up there.  Many people simply don't want to deal with selling an old car, many thinking they are only worth the $100-300 that these yards will pay!  If that really was a clean 620, I've been ready to pay up to $1000 for the right truck, only to be used a s a hauler for all my 510 crap! 

BTW let me know if you find ANY 510 cars or parts that you are not interested in.  Do you need any 720 parts?  I'm a junkyard rat, and hit the LKQ's & PaynPulls often, on the north/northeast side of Denver, and always watch for this stuff!  There is a slate blue '80 720 at PaynPull off of Pecos right now.........L20B + 5 speed, but they want too much mulla for what I am looking for. :)

I know the dizzy is long gone.  What do you mean by "upper control arm spindles"?  Upper control arms or maybe the "dogbone" that the control arms pivot on?  Sorry, not familiar with the 720!  I might be able to ge there tomorrow............