Tucson AZ help wanted with Jeep

hitch

My son is stationed at Davis Monthan and has trans trouble with his 07 Jeep Patriot.  The dealer wanted $800 to look at it before quoting a repair.  It grinds some going into 2nd (5spd all wheel drive).  I told him to wait a few days for the Ratsun community to recommend a repair shop or person.  If a Ratsun friend would suggest a good transmission guy who can be trusted I'd appreciate it.  Thanks

fee free to message, call or txt, thanks

four zero four - 735 - Six one zero zero

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's stationed at Davis Monthan AFB, have him take it to the base Auto Hobby Shop [or the one at Luke AFB] and get an on the spot inspection and a referal to a reliable repair shop. Base Auto Hobby Shops are generally manned by knowledgable technicians. I don't know what the 2007 Jeeps used but earlier Jeep wagons used the same Aisin Warner transmission as the Toyota 4 wheel drive units.

If he's stationed at Davis Monthan AFB, have him take it to the base Auto Hobby Shop [or the one at Luke AFB] and get an on the spot inspection and a referal to a reliable repair shop. Base Auto Hobby Shops are generally manned by knowledgable technicians. I don't know what the 2007 Jeeps used but earlier Jeep wagons used the same Aisin Warner transmission as the Toyota 4 wheel drive units.

I have seen that before, but unfortunately on the base I'm at the Auto Hobby Shop is poorly staffed.  I've had good luck with Yelp, but in the Tuscon area there doesn't seem to be any super-strong recommendations for Jeep repair.  That said, your son might want to look online for Tuscon area Jeep clubs they'll probably know where the good Jeep mechanics are.

Here's a list of Jeep clubs off of Google: