missed being in a datsun, so im back in one 1971 datsun 510 2dr

lunatiks96

hey ratsun, some of you may remember my red 2 door that was 12a swapped i built about a year ago. i ended up trading it for a long travel v8 ranger, which i traded for a 320whp civic hatch turbo, which i traded for what you see here and i must say feeels soo good to be back in a datsun. I dont have much to say and pics can do more justice than words. Has a l16 with a cam, ceramic coated headers, and a carb. runs great has a 4 spd and a lsd diff, coilovers up front. interior is clean but not my style, i plan on getting it redone very soon . has all ac components which is a major plus in az. Thats all i can think of off the top of my head. Oh also does anyone have any insight on the wheels? i believe theyre from a datsun 200sx but are they valuable or whatever?

image7_zps3d41e484.jpeg

image9_zps6be60d47.jpeg

image11_zps8a7d4884.jpeg

image12_zpsbf476219.jpeg

image13_zpsa4dad170.jpeg

image10_zpsd223fa87.jpeg

image15_zpsccdec432.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Those are indeed 200sx alloy wheels... actually, from the outside, your car looks like as if Zerow's 4dr 610 morphed into a 2dr 510.

101_1372.jpg

image9_zps6be60d47.jpeg

wow almost twins haha i love the color of the 510 , im still debating wether to put wheels or just keep these and lower it in the back

• Like 1

To me they are priceless. I really like them. They are worth about $80 in scrap aluminum minimum. I paid about $180 ish but they have a nice set of 205 Falcons on all balanced and a set of brand new proper lugs for them. I call that a damn good deal. They are the most perfect fit for any 710 and don't take away from the car.

Where in AZ are you? I've got 3 of them currently. Yours looks pretty good. We've got a big club here in Phoenix, if you want more info PM me.

Here's some tips:

Whatever you do, DON'T pull the a/c out. They're getting hard to find, and rarely does a 510 have it installed these days.

Lose the giant tach and steering wheel, get something that fits the car better. The rest of the interior isn't too bad, I'd leave the seats and doors alone for now, and concentrate on the little things.

Where in AZ are you? I've got 3 of them currently. Yours looks pretty good. We've got a big club here in Phoenix, if you want more info PM me.

Here's some tips:

Whatever you do, DON'T pull the a/c out. They're getting hard to find, and rarely does a 510 have it installed these days.

Lose the giant tach and steering wheel, get something that fits the car better. The rest of the interior isn't too bad, I'd leave the seats and doors alone for now, and concentrate on the little things.

Im in yuma only about 2 hrs from phx so yeah definitely hit me up when you have a get together or meet ill go up :) im the only 510 here in yuma, it blows ha . Yeah the ac was the deal breaker for me im definitely not getting rid of that. Yeah i was think nrg wood grain steering wheels , the stock 510 tach , and calling it a day.