SHOULD I DO IT?!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who buys Starbuck$ coffee has priorities wrong. For two coffees you could buy a pound of good coffee and drink 10 cups of it while working on their Datsun.

For $700?.... no. If running under it's own power maybe $350. Lot of work to part out and then only doing someone else a favor. Better to have a 510 and use for parts and spares.

• Like 1

sounds like someone gave the prep a fancy title

A prep cook is not a panrty cook.

Kitchen chain of command 

DIshwasher 

Expediter

Line/ Prep cook

Pantry Chef (Gard Manger): The pantry chef is in charge of all cold items, from salad and hors d’oevres to cold sauces and dressings. One big aspect of this job is making the food appear presentable.

Fry cook

meat, fish, vegetable cook.

Saucier

station chef

Pastry chef

Sous chef

Executive chef.

A prep cook is not a panrty cook.

Kitchen chain of command 

Pantry Chef (Gard Manger): The pantry chef is in charge of all cold items, from salad and hors d’oevres to cold sauces and dressings. One big aspect of this job is making the food appear presentable.

i know kitchens pretty well and that still sounds like a prep to me, call it a cold prep or a vegetable prep. also, generally the expo is in charge of making food appear presentable, but whatever, you quoted wikipedia so you must know your stuff.

• Like 1

i know kitchens pretty well and that still sounds like a prep to me, call it a cold prep or a vegetable prep. also, generally the expo is in charge of making food appear presentable, but whate0v0.er, you quoted wikipedia so you must know your stuff.

That's actually not from Wikipedia :poke: Also have been around kitchens since i was 8. Either as a hostess, waiter, dish washer, prep or pantry cook, Hopefully a chef one day.

Different kitchens have different names for there jobs. but the generic position as a prep. Is prepping food to be cooked. Peeling vegetables, Pulling out foods to thaw, skewering kabobs....Pretty much the tedious work nobody else really wants to, which is also why they use dishwashers as preps also. And if you think about it a pantry cook is still cooking foods and also making salads, dips, dressings, and hor d'oeuvres. Not much prepping involved, everything is on there lines.

http://www.gatewaygourmet.com/blog/culinary-career/types-of-chefs/