Bucket Seats

I want to put bucket seats in my 73 620 and want to know what cars or trucks should I be looking @ to steal there seats? I found a sweet pair of 91 prelude seats @ junk yard for $75 a piece but was told they are too big for the reg cab 620. So, whos got what and why do you like them??:D Pics are encouraged:D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was lucky enough to find a set of factory buckets. even though they are pretty beat theya re actually pretty comfy. i was going to try adn mod in a set of power leather HEATED buckets out of an Audi. i still have em and the rails. i jsut decided i would rather have some factory ones.

I was thinking about the same thing for my 521... it came with a pair of seats from a Ford Explorer, which sucked. Way too big and not bucket-y enough. Next I tried a pair from an early VW Rabbit GTI... those were fantastic seats. Firm and super supportive... but, they didn't fit and sat too close to the steering wheel. Finally, I picked up a used set from a '69 510 (I think the 4-door, as they don't recline). It took a little modification, but they fit fantastically now... all I have to do now is make them a bit more supportive and mount them.

Mark gave Me the buckets out of His "goon". They mounted nicely in the 620 but it does have a walkthru camper shell. Also they are vintage for My 70s theme as well as Datsun. From a Datsun to a Datsun! I am TOTALLY pleased with them and cann't thank Him enough!!! Maybe look for some "goon" seats. His was a 1972.

I gave a pair of Pulsar NX seats to a friend to put in a 521. They are very race looking and not too bulky. In my 59 sedan I have Vega seats (same as Camaro). Very 70s with no side supports. I want low back seats to go more 50s look so if somebody wants to trade roadster or 411 buckets should do me well.

I've got a set of 411 seats my cousin had in his 521... They fit well, and I think they're comfortable... I dont want to get rid of them though. I dont know how the old Z cars compare to a 620, but in my old 280z I had a pair of buckets from a late 90s Geo Metro in it. They were surprisingly comfortable (more so than the factory seats), and fit pretty well! I scored a nice set from the JY for $25 each.